LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there still a standing discount code for Exit Offroad? Had used one before that was posted somewhere on here.?
I used "mudmember" 3 weeks ago for a small discount

Might be a long shot for this forum.... but anyone have a good trusted mechanical watch service/repair shop?

Might be a long shot for this forum.... but anyone have a good trusted mechanical watch service/repair shop?
I was impressed with this shop earlier in the year when they did some work for me:

6 minutes! Never underestimate the niche knowledge that exists among the members of this group!

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 8.58.04 AM.png

That place has been there forever. I can remember bringing an old girlfriend's watch there for a repair in the mid 90's.

I was impressed with this shop earlier in the year when they did some work for me:

I haven't personally used them but when I lived in Arlington I heard very good things about this place

Hello, Im new to the area and just shipped my 1993 Land Cruiser Prado from Hawaii to Baltimore. Its an import from Japan with the 3.0L diesel. When it arrived in Baltimore it would not start and I currently don't have the ability to work on it myself. Does anyone know a place that I could get it to that would be willing to take a look at it?

Additionally, I know that I need some routine maintenance completed soon (Brake/oil/fuel filter) and I don't have a timeline for when I will have all my stuff to tackle it myself, is there a good place to complete this work as well. Thank you in advance!

@Svensk120 is located in Baltimore. He may have a suggestion for a good mechanic

I'll call my mechanic in elkridge MD to see if it's something he wants to take on and post about it

The battery(ies) will sometimes die during the trip, mine did but I brought two new ones with me to the port when I picked it up. Not many shops want to touch an import diesel. Aylestock Automotive (in VA) replied in the affirmative when I reached out to them about working on my '88 Toyota diesel (12ht), you might want to give them a shout if the other place doesn't work out.

What branch of the military you from? Welcome back to CONUS. :)

In Springfield VA area - where would one go to get a color match and some aerosol spray paint? I have a few things on my 40 that need some touch up but the freeborn red paint i got from cruiser corp isn't a perfect match (close but not exact).

Also, while I am here - any local place do metal repair? I need the bottoms of my ambulance doors replaced and to fix my radio opening (PO cut). Thought someone might have some experience in or around the DMV.

6 minutes! Never underestimate the niche knowledge that exists among the members of this group!

No kidding! Thanks @Diff Kraken and @jht3. I'll check both of them out. Just need a 2019-purchased 38mm hamilton auto serviced.

In Springfield VA area - where would one go to get a color match and some aerosol spray paint? I have a few things on my 40 that need some touch up but the freeborn red paint i got from cruiser corp isn't a perfect match (close but not exact).

Also, while I am here - any local place do metal repair? I need the bottoms of my ambulance doors replaced and to fix my radio opening (PO cut). Thought someone might have some experience in or around the DMV.

Interested in what you find. I hunted around for a while for a local shop that did high quality sheet metal work and could not find anyone who wanted to take a job. Iron Pig advised to call back in 8 months (at the time) but I decided in the interval to stabilize and keep rolling as is.

No kidding! Thanks @Diff Kraken and @jht3. I'll check both of them out. Just need a 2019-purchased 38mm hamilton auto serviced.

Interested in what you find. I hunted around for a while for a local shop that did high quality sheet metal work and could not find anyone who wanted to take a job. Iron Pig advised to call back in 8 months (at the time) but I decided in the interval to stabilize and keep rolling as is.
I had them replace the crystal on an automatic Seiko. The price was reasonable, the turn over was quick, and I was pleasantly surprised that they pressure tested the watch after the installation and provided a printed report that it still met the factory spec for a 200 meter dive watch. I was further impressed by the collection of watches, both pre-owned and new, including the top mechanical watch manufacturers from Japan, the US, and Switzerland and the owner had knowledge of each watch. A real watch geek and a talented horologist. After a particularly unpleasant experience at a certain watch shop in Old Town, this was a breath of fresh air.

I had them replace the crystal on an automatic Seiko. The price was reasonable, the turn over was quick, and I was pleasantly surprised that they pressure tested the watch after the installation and provided a printed report that it still met the factory spec for a 200 meter dive watch. I was further impressed by the collection of watches, both pre-owned and new, including the top mechanical watch manufacturers from Japan, the US, and Switzerland and the owner had knowledge of each watch. A real watch geek and a talented horologist. After a particularly unpleasant experience at a certain watch shop in Old Town, this was a breath of fresh air.
good to know about the pressure testing. haven't heard of this shop before but like what i'm hearing.

Anyone got a recommendation for a roofer, preferably one who still works in copper flashing? I need to replace the flashing around my chimney to stop a leak. I'm guessing most of the bigger roofing companies around here aren't going to want to do a small job like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom