LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you call the Lexus dealer? They might be able to look up the key by the VIN like Toyota can do.

You have to have at least one master to be able to program using factory methods. So just a new key on it's own doesn't help. Locksmiths have an aftermarket tool that somehow skirts the Toyota security so you can program in a new master without an existing. I'm not sure if he does key resets but Scanman Diagnostics does mobile programming.

I’m taking some classes at Home - The Foundery

It’s a fabricator’s wet dream. I took one of the welding classes last night and I’m planning on going back to get trained on some of the other equipment. Once you’ve taken an introductory & safety class on each piece of equipment, you can use it for whatever project you can envision. So many ideas going through my head as I toured the place after my class yesterday.

E633AFBF-DBFD-4FC8-A9D1-9B8733A25A2C.jpeg

1A82A610-BEB2-4793-B1A7-875B968777FC.jpeg

DA772439-AFC9-4524-8539-B656837DCADA.jpeg

That's cool! There have been so many projects I could do if I had access to machines!!
Its 2 hours away but I'm going to check it out.

50% off veterans discount for the day pass.

Last edited:
@Jakes40 let me know if you sign up for a class.

The water jet class is on my “to do” list. I have a bumper design I’ve always wanted to build.

They have a sand casting aluminum class I’d like to take too.

Here’s my MIG welds after an hour of practice:

56882FCC-7640-4DEE-A9E5-0300A7CF6036.jpeg

I’m taking some classes at Home - The Foundery

It’s a fabricator’s wet dream. I took one of the welding classes last night and I’m planning on going back to get trained on some of the other equipment. Once you’ve taken an introductory & safety class on each piece of equipment, you can use it for whatever project you can envision. So many ideas going through my head as I toured the place after my class yesterday.
That's a lot like the now defunct Tech Shop that was in Arlington. I'm definitely going to check The Foundery out, to bad its all the way in B'more

Powder coating class! I asked if I could substitute this item in for the class:

0298C0FF-A190-4409-AD1F-A3F888CF3027.jpeg

84265A4D-B763-4D6D-82B6-D9508C6AE3F6.jpeg

1C1AB8B8-DDAD-4C5C-8F4C-81A584EE5511.jpeg

I'm looking for a local vendor that sells raw metal products I can walk out the door with. Basically something like this (in a cheaper metal) I can use to make brackets -

1/8"Thick x 1"Leg x 6'L ASTM B221 6061 Aluminum Angle | Fastenal

I already checked at Potomac Steel but they didn't have anything under 1/8" which is overkill and over heavy for my use.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Tractor Supply and Home Depot sell some aluminum angle. Culpeper Machine is likely cheaper and with a much better selection but it's a hike for you.

The big box stores sell aluminum angle.

I inherited my Dad's old 1997 Land Cruiser. Finally have the free time and available cash to spend, so am now looking for someone who can give the mechanics a good once over, to make sure all is in order, and do some minor exterior work/updates. Location-wise, I live in Springfield, work in Fairfax.

Not looking to do a full restoration, but want to make sure it is: 1. Safe to run. 2. In good enough repair to continue to run safely. 3. Look better cosmetically.

I'd appreciate any and all recommendations! Thank you very much!

Cristina

I inherited my Dad's old 1997 Land Cruiser. Finally have the free time and available cash to spend, so am now looking for someone who can give the mechanics a good once over, to make sure all is in order, and do some minor exterior work/updates. Location-wise, I live in Springfield, work in Fairfax.

Not looking to do a full restoration, but want to make sure it is: 1. Safe to run. 2. In good enough repair to continue to run safely. 3. Look better cosmetically.

Cristina
@OTRAMM and done.

Cristina

Can you bring it out to the Swap Meet on the 29th? There will be a lot of folks there willing to give their opinion on where to start. The FAQ in the 80 series section has several threads on DIY base lining and preventative maintenance if you want to read ahead. How many miles are on the truck?

3x on OTRAMM. He will treat you right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom