Local Diesel Prices (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got diesel at the "cheap" price of $1.429/l in Christina Lake, B.C. the other day. A full 5 cents less than regular!!!

Can't wait to get back to Mexico.

Again, for those who actually care and don't roll on gold, I paid $1.409 in Kanawake, south of Montreal, 7km from NDG, at JR Petroleum near the 132. A full 19 cents cheaper than where I live! Well worth the extra 15km for a savings of $20 per tankful. Plus it's the only area I know of in Québec where signs can actually be seen IN ENGLISH instead of the dreary, politically correct, uniform French... I Just love the resistance of the First Nations to homogenization...

I know many people here earn way more than I do and really couldn't care less about saving $20 and some of them would even laugh at the effort I go through to actually drive to get these savings, but to me the victory has nothing much to do with spending 20 minutes and saving $20, it's being able to REFUSE BEING FxxxED (as much) BY THE SYSTEM. Like they say: Priceless. :cool:

$1.69 per litre, $6.42 US per gallon, Northern Canukland
It's made from domestic oil not terrorist oil, and the jobs created by the Cdn oil industry pays my neighbor's taxes, feeds their families, and allows them to live a comfortable life like I do. The money I spend on fuel does not go to OPEC.

Last edited:
... but to the rich speculators right here in Canada. I'm still waiting to see it trickle down to my level...

... but to the rich speculators right here in Canada. I'm still waiting to see it trickle down to my level...
Not really. The speculators set the price, the oil companies get the revenue, and pay huge taxes. Our universal health care is one of those 'trickle down' effects.

Excellent point... But we still have to see it actually trickle down to something meaningful to the end user... My best friend just lost his brother to wrong diagniosis (peritonitis was thought to simple urinary infection), thanks to our overloaded, understaffed and insufficiently funded medical system.

But I agree you are right. Let's hope our governments have the same wisdom as you and don't do what they are doing with the fuel and road taxes (funding the government's operation instead of putting it where it should go, to fix the darn roads).

As it stands now, these taxes are a disguised way to tax the poor. :mad:

i love the idea of a "carbon tax" which is a neutral tax for the government bustill an added tax to us... and that they take a carbon neutral bio-diesel.

as a side note:
and how they will give a $8500 rebate towards Geotherm but nothing towards air or solar energy... now why is that?

as a side note:
and how they will give a $8500 rebate towards Geotherm but nothing towards air or solar energy... now why is that?

Let me guess, the crown electricity corp makes money off of geotherm (still need electricity for it) and nothing off of solar or wind.

BTW, diesel was 149.9/L in Abbotsford on Friday at the Husky and 144.9/l at the Husky in the small BC interior town of Princeton (where it is usually at least 10 cents a liter more).

Do you guys have first nations in your area? If so how much do they charge for fuel? Here the difference is astonishing... Possibly because we are the most highlyb taxed province as far as fuel is concerned! It's expensive to run against the current and force everything in French when everything in the world is still produced in English... Le coût de notre 'Fierté Nationale' ;)

Its cheaper for First Nations. I can't say how much the difference is now. The closest station I know of is about an hour a way on a highway I rarely use. They require an ID card showing you are a status first nations to get the none tax price. I thought they were just fed tax free but have to pay provincial taxes.

Well you know how feisty and independent the Mohawks are! They don't even get intimidated by the US-Canada border, and you would want them to collect taxes for the 'European Government'?

I admire their attitude, they are right to hold on. They are not called the First Nations for nothing! I have great respect for them. I used to work with a Mohawk Ironworker, and I supported their fight during the Oka Crisis. Just imagine... Desecrating a native pine grove and cemetary for... A Friggin Golf Course! But don't get me started... I'd be tempted to talk about the reasons behind 9/11...

Oh and BTW, Im NOT native, as a matter of fact I'm pretty much of pure blood Frankish descent, but the funy thing is my kids, although blond, tan very easily... must be caused by the native genes they inherited from their Atikamek maternal great grandmother... I discovered that tidbit after my beautiful daughter was born :)

Just stopped by Kahnawake to see the prices for myself: filled up with diesel for 1.399. Ten minutes away downtown diesel is 1.599. A $14 saving over filling up downtown. If already in the area, definitely worth it.

gas is down 7 cents a litre and diesel is still the same...

stupid!!

now here is an interesting tidbit, i was told that diesel takes more to refine than gasoline... interesting how rumors abound in the back eddies of Ontario...

Just stopped by Kahnawake to see the prices for myself: filled up with diesel for 1.399. Ten minutes away downtown diesel is 1.599. A $14 saving over filling up downtown. If already in the area, definitely worth it.
Keep up the good work! Let's send the government our message... That we simply won't take it anymore!

Where did you tank up? The Sergaz station (JR Petroleum)?

In Maine right now it's US$4.79 per gallon (approx CAD$ 1.26 per litre)

Whats up with diesel, gas is 1.26 and diesel 1.55? are we using that much? Gas is dropping but not diesel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom