Local Diesel Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I pointed out to my neighbour that his company 5 ton truck has a 300 L tank and no locking cap. :hmm: Bringing that into a residential neighbourhood the same night every week is just asking for some of it to disappear... :hmm: I have a sloping driveway which put my truck when parked about 3' below his rig and about 25' away.:idea: .........

sorry, that comment made me uncomfortable...
i think you were joking but i picture theft of fuel is going to become a real problem...and quickly...

I am now seeing petrol diesel prices up to $5.39USD/gal here in remote and rural Northern California. The local biodiesel supplier has been pegging his price to the rise in petrol diesel, which really ticks me off. I paid $5.10 at last fill up, but thankfully that was almost 3 weeks ago since I've been on the bus and bike most of the time. Of course, something tells me his price will be higher at my next fill up.

B

sorry, that comment made me uncomfortable...
i think you were joking but i picture theft of fuel is going to become a real problem...and quickly...

Don't worry Wayne. I'd never really consider steal his diesel... atleast not until it hits $5.00/L and then its Mad Max time :skull:.

I have already heard a number of reports of fuel being stolen from highways tractors and farmers' standing tanks oin the Lower Mainland. I pointed it out to my neighbour to get his company (really cheapos) to fork out a few bucks for a locking fuel cap. BTW, locking caps will also help protect people from those vandals that come around every once and a while putting crap into your fuel tank.

Think of the prices if Quebec leaves the federation..... I think it would double. You would be paying European prices. Ah it would even feel like France!

Just they try... Maybe these idiotic politicians don't mind turning it into another Cuba, but I certainly won't stand by idly if that happens.

10 kms to buy fuel is no biggie. Drive there.

Yes, hopefully next time I work in the area (It's 60 km away from where I live), I'll be able to borrow one of those 100 gallon fuel tanks from one of my bushwacking buddies and fill it up for some real economy!

The other option is (and believe me I've thought about it seriously before), is simply to move there. Every time I cross the river I feel exhilarated, the same feeling I get when I cross the border in Vermont when I go to the States in the summer. Hmmm... Maybe I'm suffering from some sort of Iron Curtain Syndrome ;)

i have gotten to know you well enough to know that is not your personality... now if it was a government rig...

Don't worry Wayne. I'd never really consider steal his diesel... atleast not until it hits $5.00/L and then its Mad Max time :skull:.

I just sold my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 litre because it was costing way too much to keep it rolling on the road. It was costing about $100 each time it made a visit to the gas station. It would only get 400-450 km's to a tank.
The money I got from that sale I bought a 2002 diesel Jetta from a co-worker. Filled it up for the first time this morning and it cost me $60 with diesel being $1.439/litre. But the biggest savings should be the intervals between filling it. My co-worker tells me he was getting at least 900km's/tank.
Good-bye V8 powered SUV and hello 4 cylinder diesel powered economy car......
Still have my 87 HJ60 though!!!!!

HJ60, I get around 800 kms/tank also but I have a 90 L or so sized tank and it costs me a lot more to fill than a $100 to fill if it is anywhere near empty.

Interesting to hear that the Saudis at their own conference this weekend were blaming the prices on the speculators - not that they would have any interest in this speculation now would they.
<seething sarcasm intended> :mad:

Well for a change I agree with the Saudis. Not that they don't profit from this...

The present situation reminds me very much of 1929. I've read that such an event could not happen anymore because of controls and better information, but you can't control human nature and if folly seizes the investment world, everybody suffers.

It's high time our society recognized that whereas a bit of an increse causes misery that can be remedied, too much causes a crisesi that makes everyone suffer, including the rich.

Remember what happened afte the crash of 1929... It's even more worrisome this time as it will affect the whole world, not only the first world nations.

As much as I hate to say this in principle, but it's high time the government started to take its responsibilities and instead of harassing the citizens with meaningless laws aimed at preventing freedom of the individual, they started to exercise their power and aimed it at the few who are causing this misery.

Especially a country such as ours, with its petroleum riches, should stop playing the ostrich while counting its money and understand what the situation will inevitably cause. Then again, what do you expect of the impossibly dull and unimaginative people that are in power, and of those who would want to replace them?

Pfff! I second your sarcasm big time, John!

diesel price

Hey everyone I'm talking from France and here in Paris prices go from 1,50 to 1,70 euros a liter :mad:and I got a hj61 with the 4 Liter TD and trust me I'm using it only for vacation and week end. The good thing is that vacation are in North Africa, Morrocco is about 0.75 Euro/liter Tunisia is quite the same and Lybia is 0.10Euro/liter!!!!!!!
Cheers to everyone ;)
eric

OK, I admit , CAD$ 2.50 a litre is enormous, but what prorportion of income do you have to put aside for fuel? THAT is the question, and THAT determines whether your economy will suffer of not. Canadians have much lower incomes in general compared to other 'first world' nations...

Here, truckers spent less than 1/3 of their gross on fuel, now it's close to 1/2. Diesel has risen in less than one year from $0.89 to $1.59 (78%).

I'm not a trucker but my expenses just in fuel have risen from $3,000 to close to $5,000, and that's biting right into my contingency and profit margin. Meaning this year, no putting any money aside for any improvements, no renovations at the house (anfd forget about retirement).

How has this affected the French in general? Do you drive as much? Do you still drive as fast? Is there a lot of civil action such as stopping trucks on highways that we've heard about? How are you coping?

How has this affected the French in general? Do you drive as much? Do you still drive as fast? Is there a lot of civil action such as stopping trucks on highways that we've heard about? How are you coping?

European Farmers and truckers have been hit hard and I have read about their protests all over Europe. However, the big difference is there are more options for the folks in Europe and distances are short in country and between countries. For me to travel mid length in the province it is 1000 kms (not even half my work territory) The only other transport options are the bus (20 hours) or a combination of drive and plane. Neither of them are viable options for all the gear that i have to carry with me for work. Both Canada's long distance passenger bus and rail sevice is lousy and their is hardly any governement support to make any impovements. For our population, it probably is not feasible to have a transport system like Europe. Canadians are energy glutens because of the climate and geography of our country. Frankly, I think that this is a good reason for energy sources to be protected for future Canadians and prices controled for Canadians. Its not a question of free markets; its a question of national security. You can't just say we should be like Europeans because it isn't going to happen any more than us being like Fijians is going to happen. The world likes all the raw reasources and food grains we export, so they and the environmentalists should expect us to have a bigger carbon foot print.

139.9 per L at the Abbotsford Superstore this morning. Jeff, I inquired about the Shell two grades of diesel once. I was told the higher grade one just has more lubricant in it. :confused: They are all supposed to meet the same levels of lube. AFAIK, the two Shell grades are a marketing rip off. My preference is for Bio or Husky.

diesel price

What I'm saying it's that beging to be very difficult to the french and european people to the low and the middle class I still do the same milage every year ,about 20000 kms but half in North Africa . We live in Paris dowtown we don't used the toy I'm driving a 500cc yamaha to short distance and even bike same for the family.We have subway and bus and in France distance are shorter than your bigs countries . I don't want to trow away my toy I will modifit to run with oil , some are already doing this here
Eric

139.9 per L at the Abbotsford Superstore this morning. Jeff, I inquired about the Shell two grades of diesel once. I was told the higher grade one just has more lubricant in it. :confused: They are all supposed to meet the same levels of lube. AFAIK, the two Shell grades are a marketing rip off. My preference is for Bio or Husky.

When I crossed the western provinces I noticed two choice, one was ULSD(as mandated by law) and the other was pre 2006 diesel LSD. I think they have stock piles they need to get rid of.

Diesel is diesel. Buy the cheaper of whatever and add a little lube to every tank regardless of the fuel. Don't ask the attendant the difference, call the company. I doubt it's just lube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom