Local Diesel Prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm running a 40 series which would run on butter tbf, but yea we also have top quality diesel. African diesel can be variable in places but you pay for it
Depends how you define 'quality'. Cleanliness and water content perhaps, but in an old diesel like my Hilux or Landcruiser I'd rather fill it with super sour Iranian diesel that smells like rotten eggs (and costs a cent or two per litre) when you pump it than the ultra low sulphur stuff in Europe. Performance/economy-wise, I can't say I've ever noticed any difference in fuel quality across Europe or Asia in my Hilux, but as you say of your H engine, the 2L will run on literally any diesel-like hydrocarbon. I'm pretty sure I've run it on high ratios of kerosene to diesel in cheap Russian bootleg fuel stations.

Maybe off topic, but European petrol is even worse - When I lived in the Netherlands I noticed a sudden worsening in fuel economy in my Hilux Surf which I could not attribute to anything mechanical; only months later I realised it was the date they switched to E10 junk. Last time I was in Germany and Austria I could find 95 RON E5, but in other countries the Surf gets super unleaded now. The best petrol I have ever had was in Russia: 10 km per litre from 92 RON, which you can't buy any longer in most of Europe.

Last edited:
Depends how you define 'quality'. Cleanliness and water content perhaps, but in an old diesel like my Hilux or Landcruiser I'd rather fill it with super sour Iranian diesel that smells like rotten eggs (and costs a cent or two per litre) when you pump it than the ultra low sulphur stuff in Europe. I can't say I've ever noticed any difference in fuel quality across Europe or Asia in my Hilux, but as you say of your H engine, the 2L will run on literally any diesel-like hydrocarbon.

Maybe off topic, but European petrol is even worse - When I lived in the Netherlands I noticed a sudden worsening in fuel economy in my Hilux Surf which I could not attribute to anything mechanical; only months later I realised it was the date they switched to E10 junk. Last time I was in Germany and Austria I could find 95 RON E5, but in other countries the Surf gets super unleaded now. The best petrol I have ever had was in Russia: 10 km per litre from 92 RON, which you can't buy any longer in most of Europe.
My H is a 3.6L but yes.
Maybe the Dutch one is optimised for towing caravans ,)

My H is a 3.6L but yes.
Maybe the Dutch one is optimised for towing caravans ,)
Haha could be.

By 2L I mean my 2L engine, a 2.4 litre 4 cylinder IDI diesel.

but in an old diesel like my Hilux or Landcruiser I'd rather fill it with super sour Iranian diesel that smells like rotten eggs
The old diesel-engines "like" that, no problem. But you should consider a shorter oil change interval. I have the options in Brazil between low sulfur and 500ppm-Diesel and I prefer the 500ppm. I noticed, somehow I've less issues with with "fungo"/water in the diesel.

The old Merc in my Bandeirante is happy with everything and runs on Kerosene (we used to run a old 608 with the kerosene we drained from aircraft fuel tanks) or veggy-oil as well, still diesel ist the best option.

Current prices.
Cranbrook Canada Shell winter diesel $2.04/litre.

Manitoba Dec 27, 2023

$1.639 per litre … Canadian dollars
Filling my 20l gerry can for my diesel heater to keep warm while working on my 92 HZJ73.

Visiting family in Monterrey Mexíco and the price per liter in diesel is 24.95MXN/liter which is $1.48US/liter for $5.77US per gallon.

Merry Christmas everybody. 😊

Yeah buddy! US dollars per gallon. I will take it!

IMG_9532.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom