Lithium Jump Starter Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Two carrying cases?

These are very nice and come with a neat case (which you like apparently).
Home
@TonyP looking out for me, nice catch! It was in time to cancel the 2nd case order, sweet. Guess i was just a little too excited when i ordered. I think i added this battery+case to my cart and took out at least 3 times today. Ok, tears drying up, my wallet now is $15.99 heavier, life aint too bad.

Two carrying cases?

These are very nice and come with a neat case (which you like apparently).
Home
Nice tip on the "outerlimitsupply" medical kit. I hadnt heard of them looks awesome! Now, this one i expected to cost some coin and im ok with that. Spent enough for today though, I'll look in detail tomorrow but i like what i see. You have one? Which model?

Nice tip on the "outerlimitsupply" medical kit. I hadnt heard of them looks awesome! Now, this one i expected to cost some coin and im ok with that. Spent enough for today though, I'll look in detail tomorrow but i like what i see. You have one? Which model?

Man you shouldn’t ask me about medical kits. I have more than mortal man needs. :)

Man you shouldn’t ask me about medical kits. I have more than mortal man needs. :)
Well now you got my interest. What do I “need”? Family of 5, 3 kids 8 and under. Usually long weekend trips, a couple of 1-2 week trips/year. I like the idea of something pre-assembled to save time, and just add my extra kid related stuff to it. I saw these guys somewhere recently

Fieldcraft Survival

They seam more minimalist than would work for a family. Really cool seatback/bug out bag though.

I really like the look of the ones @TonyP shared but yeah pretty pricey:

Home

I can justify some money on this, family, medical emergency card and all, but it’d be cooler around $200 instead of closer to $400.

Might want to take a simple first-aid course, that's just as important as having a decent kit. A fancy pants $400 kit won't do you any good if you don't have the training basics to know how to use it.

Also, that Fieldcraft kit is a $10 first-aid kit in a fancy bag. Enormous waste of money.
Good points all around. Yeah the 1st aid class has been on my todo list for too long, I should push that up

I know the owner of Outer Limit Supply as he's a fellow local Toyota 4x4 club member, and he's a really cool dude firefighter EMT. I bought the weekend warrior kit, and I used heavy duty velcro on the bottom to mount on top of the ARB drawers - pic below. Very complete, high quality, great case, and although pricey definitely worth it. My nurse friend reviewed the case and she said it was a good one, so that works for me :D I agree with @TonyP though re:taking classes on how to use the equipment. I just did my CPR refresher, and it made me realize I need to learn lots of other skills too.

PXcDVlplBbw-B8aAr5Ijo3SrCh9Il2RghaF1vr0O-6tTbsN3PoYT0AIOcspBRKsoybqS_UVUaW9dLJa_ju14nHraD5PqTll7YD57s-5tY0o82NzCFJlGxLTFkGWtWDedOaFqWPPVvdJAExI3qtKWwl3SZrEppjuU0Ac_TD_aFvPW6FL1vb1uqXtpClxwcBoddvnWhlyX0hwzLqKDNHU7HKEg45RswobTzTYmuWAwFCxoRTlG2k3_qZs9dBVgGQdglg4VZVfwLJbm6vw4iMipfzD2xdev8_wS4aWLzL_62JPYndEX6PkYhb-qsWzbgewcpGkxrro1_PE3XHGtvLwMSaxxCST2F7GBJuAEqVzoxIwJoMdYB3rtgq9P6RqpgvgqlHqmJA5jX9bufBJa7f_nyvc3jt_xDraAoNWGr2D-BZJdFB9Zdc3rqCw7XBtXBRrmEsbNk6Fy70xuafaX-ktcB4s4y3UDbgb66KXEvWUgNJNPzHtS6zdIvyMXAVnbkUvnSxe75czJ8avhNKfIkkhfVzgmWc1VK2DF1TvvwRXgV9sJ2fy_0X41_VcYtWKfJYT-TXsDE3VOiAA1mNDvoL0I_IZaMI9gcD8upmZHpQuhZ5Z_O8dC2koN-FEbVGL-Q8G2S-gZYG_7RFq1VYyvR-zknmONk4XLD7MsFA=w883-h662-no

+1 on the Noco jump packs. My GB70 has jumped both my VDJ200 and HDJ80 with ease.

I'd stay away from the Antigravity XP-10. One almost burned an 80 series to the ground in the 80 forum

OH CRAP! Bet you never had this happen before!

Like @TonyP said— definitely get up to speed on the basics.

I have a lot, but it all fits into a pretty reasonably small bag. Many “first aid” issues are solved by knowledge rather than gear...

I am prepared for any of the following:

-CPR methods have changed over the years re what is now considered best practice.
-Trauma wound care including projectiles and major lacerations & puncture wound care.
-Reducing internal bleeding
-Tourniquet basics
-Shock do’s and don’ts
-Splinting (also when not to)
-Neck injuries
-Eye wash (easy to get bad chemicals in your eye under a truck, or opening something badly)
-Methods for dealing with shoulder dislocations
-I also keep sutures for stitches, and having a fridge or cooler in your truck could save severed fingers or even limbs (center console cool-box anyone?).
-Tick removal
-Snake venom
-Choking

Lots a helpful info available for all of the above.

None of the above tend to be included in retail kits...but there are tons of useful basic items worth having. Bandaging, anti bacterial, zillion types of bandaging, Neosporin, etc. Costco usually has pretty decent basic kits in nice zippered bags.

Stuff does happen. I once had to hike two days worth of backpacking days in the dark of a single night to get back to my car & drive 4 hours to a hospital—after badly cutting my head in a mountain climbing fall. Made it, but I was lucky. Needed 24 stitches. I carry sutures now. :)

Wheeling-
Guys can do really dumb things with winches and destroy/sever fingers. Trucks can roll and crush arms out of windows.

And ya ya... The odds are small for many of these things...but odds that someone in your group might need serious care are not outlandish at all.

Last edited:
Back to jump starters, I’ll offer another suggestion. The Jump N Carry brand has a great reputation. Ive carried their large jump pack for about ten years and just got the smaller unit. They come with a case, warranty and cheap repair coupon.

Jump-N-Carry JNC318 12 Volt Lithium Jump Starter and Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07212VPNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fponBb8R82F66

Back to jump starters, I’ll offer another suggestion. The Jump N Carry brand has a great reputation. Ive carried their large jump pack for about ten years and just got the smaller unit. They come with a case, warranty and cheap repair coupon.

Jump-N-Carry JNC318 12 Volt Lithium Jump Starter and Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07212VPNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fponBb8R82F66
Thanks for the suggestions. I went ahead and bought the NOCO genius 150 yesterday

Like @TonyP said— definitely get up to speed on the basics.

I have a lot, but it all fits into a pretty reasonably small bag. Many “first aid” issues are solved by knowledge rather than gear...

I am prepared for any of the following:

-CPR methods have changed over the years re what is now considered best practice.
-Trauma wound care including projectiles and major lacerations & puncture wound care.
-Reducing internal bleeding
-Tourniquet basics
-Shock do’s and don’ts
-Splinting (also when not to)
-Neck injuries
-Eye wash (easy to get bad chemicals in your eye under a truck, or opening something badly)
-Methods for dealing with shoulder dislocations
-I also keep sutures for stitches, and having a fridge or cooler in your truck could save severed fingers or even limbs (center console cool-box anyone?).
-Tick removal
-Snake venom
-Choking

Lots a helpful info available for all of the above.

None of the above tend to be included in retail kits...but there are tons of useful basic items worth having. Bandaging, anti bacterial, zillion types of bandaging, Neosporin, etc. Costco usually has pretty decent basic kits in nice zippered bags.

Stuff does happen. I once had to hike two days worth of backpacking days in the dark of a single night to get back to my car & drive 4 hours to a hospital—after badly cutting my head in a mountain climbing fall. Made it, but I was lucky. Needed 24 stitches. I carry sutures now. :)

Wheeling-
Guys can do really dumb things with winches and destroy/sever fingers. Trucks can roll and crush arms out of windows.

And ya ya... The odds are small for many of these things...but odds that someone in your group might need serious care are not outlandish at all.
Very helpful thanks. I Came on strong this morning telling my wife how not prepared I think we are. She of course thinks I’m crazy and we’re fine.
We have both taken CPR when we had babies, but even that I don’t remember much, and the standard procedure changes over the years.

As far as 1st aid goes I’m going to start online to get some base knowledge (anybody have a good recommendation for YouTube channel?), and then I looked up some classes local that I can take this August.

As far as 1st Aid Kits go I’ll check out Costco like you suggested, I spend a lot of time at Costco anyways. The Outter Limit kit looks amazing but I’m still torn whether I want to spend that much, or that’s me just trying to throw money at the problem, when I know the training is much more vital. No doubt the kits is great, but I could spend less and still get a very full stocked kit that isn’t quite so cool . My google search keeps coming up with this sponsored link:

MyFAK | First Aid Kit

Anybody have experience with these? If not, what do you think of the list of supplies it includes? The basic level kit is $100, the $ advanced is $199. I’m briefly looking at your list above it appears to cover all the bases of potential emergencies.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I'll probably go with the Noco 70 or 150.

Also, what @Markuson said about buying cheap stuff multiple times... my buddy bought a cheap jump starter off ebay and when we used it to jump his car, it caught fire and almost burned everything up. :D

I got my GP150 for $175 off ebay and I felt I paid too much. I love it but hate paying full price for anything

I got my GP150 for $175 off ebay and I felt I paid too much. I love it but hate paying full price for anything

Well it cost me $300...so no whining about $175. ;) -hehe

To continue the derail of first aid kits, one of those outerlimitsupply.com kits are on my short list as well. And, as a huge bonus (for us non-wealthy types especially) is that you can use usually your health insurance FSA/HSA to buy the kits and it's 100% legit! Travis at Outer Limit can walk you through the simple process.

For the charger, I have had one of these for a couple months now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXC8SPF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but have already had to warranty it once already. Hopefully the bad one was just a fluke. :fingerscrossed:

To continue the derail of first aid kits, one of those outerlimitsupply.com kits are on my short list as well. And, as a huge bonus (for us non-wealthy types especially) is that you can use usually your health insurance FSA/HSA to buy the kits and it's 100% legit! Travis at Outer Limit can walk you through the simple process.

For the charger, I have had one of these for a couple months now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXC8SPF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but have already had to warranty it once already. Hopefully the bad one was just a fluke. :fingerscrossed:

Insurance will buy one?? Huh. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom