Lithium Jump Starter Recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for recommendations for a good, reliable lithium jump starter for my 200.
I'm doing a big trip this summer, with a lot of remote camping, and want to avoid getting stuck far from civilization. At least a couple times in the past I've come back to find one of my kids "accidentally" pushed a cabin light or hazards button to come back to a dead battery. Currently, I'm only running a single battery setup. I do also have a battery in my off-road trailer (Moab Fort XL).

Here is what I need it to be able to do ideally:

• powerful enough to jump the 5.7L 200 series engine

• safe in the truck at very high Arizona summer temperatures (120+degreese outside). AKA not explode or melt and start a fire.

• able to forget about and leave in the truck for extended time periods without worrying is it going to be charged when i actually need it. Also would like to be able to check the charge level on the unit.

I did some searches and the only thing i really saw on Mud was the NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150. That sounds like it fits the bill perfectly, but I would love to NOT spend $295 amazon price if there is something lesser that'd still be good. I don't want cheap, as i understand this is a very important item to spend on, just curious if there is anything a bit less expensive.

I'm also in the hunt for one. My old Anker one wont work for the mighty V8.

I have one of these in each of my cars - XP-10 POWER SUPPLY & JUMP STARTER | THE MICRO-START and others here on MUD have used & recommended them. (I haven't - thankfully - been stranded and needed it)

There's a bigger / HD version too, but the XP-10 should meet your requirements. XP-10 is around $200.

I set a calendar reminder every 90 days to check the charge level and/or top it off as needed. Easily stores in a lot of nooks / crannies / under seats...

This thing has been an absolute BEAST...even after sitting for months between charges....even after charging iPads, iPhones, and powering camp lights...it still has absolutely massive power for jumps.

Also easily powers smaller inverters for 110-120 AC uses in camp or tent, etc.
Also has a built in LED light, full oower USB port, and a standard 12V plug for inverters, USB multi-port chargers, shower water pumps, etc.

Not small...not cheap...but wow.
Really useful for so many things besides jumping (jumper cables are heavy gauge wire too, for maximum power to start even the biggest diesel or V8 many times).

NOCO Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015TKSSB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0X-mBb7MVJAAS

Last edited:
I use this cheapo one. Successfully jumped the 200, an early 90s Town Car multiple times and my BMW multiple times all on one charge. Hasn't blown up yet.

DBPOWER 600A Peak 18000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter (up to 6.5L Gas, 5.2L Diesel Engine) Battery Booster and Phone Charger with Smart Charging Port ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D42U0VO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_fNBCejadDMzIV

I have one I got from Costco. It wasn’t much from what I remember like $60-70. It also has 2 USB ports. Winplus is the brand it works fine I’ve had it about 2 years.

I use NOCO Genius and would suggest a minimum of their GB40. The charge lasts at least a few months and it has a charge level indicator.

NOCO or Antigravity sound like the winners. question, if i go the NOCO route do you think its worth 3x the price to go from GB40 up to the GB150 @Markuson has? I think on amazon the GB40 is around $100, GB70 is about $200, and the beast GB150 is around $300. In your humble opinion is it worth it? GB70 looks very similar with the same heavy duty clips.

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 2.38.56 PM.png

NOCO or Antigravity sound like the winners. question, if i go the NOCO route do you think its worth 3x the price to go from GB40 up to the GB150 @Markuson has? I think on amazon the GB40 is around $100, GB70 is about $200, and the beast GB150 is around $300. In your humble opinion is it worth it? GB70 looks very similar with the same heavy duty clips.

View attachment 1732215

If you ONLY want to use it for jumps (a relatively rare need on trips), then I’d get the 70. But if you want something to use for multiple purposes off the grid...and still be assured it will retain more than enough grunt to jump vehicles? I’d bite the bullet and get the big one.

If you do go big...here is a fantastic, made-specifically-for case for $16 that fits under the front passenger seat. Super quality:

LTGEM EVA Hard Case for Noco Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter - Carrying Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073F6W277/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fSanBbRXV5Q87

If you ONLY want to use it for jumps (a relatively rare need on trips), then I’d get the 70. But if you want something to use for multiple purposes off the grid...and still be assured it will retain more than enough grunt to jump vehicles? I’d bite the bullet and get the big one.

If you do go big...here is a fantastic, made-specifically-for case for $16 that fits under the front passenger seat. Super quality:

LTGEM EVA Hard Case for Noco Genius Boost Pro GB150 4000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter - Carrying Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073F6W277/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fSanBbRXV5Q87
I'm on the fence, but i do like the idea to be able to use it for so many other things. Might be worth the extra $. Any fire/explosion concerns at all living in the SW with 120+ degree temps leaving in car?

I'm on the fence, but i do like the idea to be able to use it for so many other things. Might be worth the extra $. Any fire/explosion concerns at all living in the SW with 120+ degree temps leaving in car?

No heat issues.

One last thought on the Noco... You can charge it many different ways. USB, cigarette lighter, or literally ANY round plug DC plug. The rate of charge varies, with the fastest being via the cigarette lighter. You can also connect it directly to solar and the voltage vmcan vary.

I bought a 110/120 AC to 12V lighter socket so that I can occasionally charge it in the House. But believe it or not, I’ve only charged it twice since buying it in 2017, and it’s never dipped below half charge left even with nightly camp light and iPhone/iPad charging at night in Baja, and shower pumping.

Last edited:
One last thought on the Noco... You can charge it many different ways. USB, cigarette lighter, or literally ANY round plug DC plug. The rate of charge varies, with the fastest being via the cigarette lighter. You can also connect it directly to solar and the voltage vmcan vary.

I bought a 110/120 AC to 12V lighter socket so that I can occasionally charge it in the House. But believe it or not, I’ve only charged it twice since buying it in 2017, and it’s never dipped below half charge left even with nightly camp light and iPhone/iPad charging at night in Baja, and shower pumping.
why do I feel like every one of your great suggestions costs me big bucks? I will say every one I have bought has been awesome, I love, and I haven't regretted after...but can't anything good every just cost $100? :doh:

why do I feel like every one of your great suggestions costs me big bucks? I will say every one I have bought has been awesome, I love, and I haven't regretted after...but can't anything good every just cost $100? :doh:

Ha. :) Sorry about that!

If it helps at all... I am not a wealthy guy. I have to save for my gear, mods and etc. But over the years, I have consistently done the reasearch and held to the buy-once...cry once model.

-Because the only thing more expensive than buying great stuff...is repeatedly buying lesser stuff and upgrading to the great stuff lI could have bought at the beginning. :)

Money IS as object for me...and tho I don’t always get it right, buying quality really works for the long term.

PS. For what it’s worth...I talk myself out of more stuff than I talk myself into. :)

Ha. :) Sorry about that!

If it helps at all... I am not a wealthy guy. I have to save for my gear, mods and etc. But over the years, I have consistently done the reasearch and held to the buy-once...cry once model.

-Because the only thing more expensive than buying great stuff...is repeatedly buying lesser stuff and upgrading to the great stuff lI could have bought at the beginning. :)

Money IS as object for me...and tho I don’t always get it right, buying quality really works for the long term.
yeah yeah, "not a wealthy guy" ;), i know, me neither, especially not now. Darn this 200 hobby. Well speaking of wealth, or lack of now.... My bank account is now $352.82 lighter...now i will proceed with the crying once part, ouch :cry:. Well the good news is, i know you are right and value your advice, so thank you. Main reason i post totally non-200 specific posts on the 200 forum is that i know you guys know whats up. When it comes to tools, armor, air compressors ect it does feel really nice to have quality stuff you know you can trust will last. never know when i may need to jump start 80 10L diesel engines also right?

1 more question (scared to ask), do you have any recommendations for a good medical kit? Just got rid of my expired outdated kit and want a new one for my summer SW trip

Screen Shot 2018-06-27 at 7.10.40 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom