Let's talk about Hydroboost Brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just go to the junk yard. Look at 3/4 or 1 ton GM diesel trucks and pay the nice man $50 - $100 and be done with it. If you are running Drum/Disc, get a prop valve for that setting and plumb it. You will need to change the bolt holes in your firewall and tap a thread for the clevis. Make sure you get the lines with e hydro and MC. Weekend project.

I think it’s already been verified that the truck MC is too big even for a rear disc setup. 1-5/16” or similar.

Don’t worry, I plan on hitting the scrap yard soon and paying the nice man for a complete unit to have for parts. Always nice to have extra stuff.

Bosch hydroboost manufacturer recommends a 1 1/8 bore master cylinder with their booster.

Okay, I guess that either simplifies things or puts more limits on things depending on how you look at it. No use in looking for anything smaller 😐
Without knowing of anyone already running a specific setup, gotta cross the fingers that the combination is right?

That's not too bad of a price for the plate. I made my own even with the "anti spin pin" . I just cut out a 1/4" slot from the side and then welded in a 1/4" piece with just a 1/4" sticking in the hole, filed to fit. It took longer to paint than to make.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with a Baer brakes engineer and I’m using 1-1/8 bore master also.

1-1/8" Remaster Left Port Gray Anodized 6801266LP - Baer Brakes - https://baer.com/Gray-Left-Port-1.125-6801266LP.html

FYI most of the early Chevy cars also use 1-1/8” masters and will bolt to the hydroboost.

1974 Nova was disc/drum.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with a Baer brakes engineer and I’m using 1-1/8 bore master also.

Made in Phoenix, AZ?? Well now I have to!

996D96D1-763F-4D25-AEDB-BE292ED0AB21.jpeg

Here's some cool fittings. Thanks again to J Mack and friends I bought into the Parker field repairable fittings, they are great. It's been five years or so since making my first power steering hoses and all I had to do was unscrew them, cut new length hoses and screw together with same fittings. Spendy, $36 bucks a fitting, but can be used over and over. 👍 I've got a few hoses to contend with having a pump, remote reservoir, hydroboost unit, steering box and a cooler. I would hate to run back and forth to Napa to get hoses crimped.

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

I use this lube, it helps assembly.

IMG_4181.JPG

My head hurts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom