Leaking 3rd member, blown out bushings, ground birf... How Fun! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Your a real Man
When I pulled mine it was more like controlled dissent. Tell it hit the floor.😂🤣 Luckily, I had two layers of cardboard down there.
Real men use floor jacks...
th-51021723.jpeg

Real men use floor jacks...
.View attachment 3591766
Have you actually tried this or are you a key board warrior 😜
Having removed both of my thirds several times I can say with certainty that without a custom made cradle that a floor jack is not going to help.

Having removed both of my thirds several times I can say with certainty that without a custom made cradle that a floor jack is not going to help.
Do you have pics of yours? I hope to be pulling mine and bringing over to ZUK for a re-gear later this year.

Do you have pics of yours? I hope to be pulling mine and bringing over to ZUK for a re-gear later this year.
I can get you some later this afternoon.

Yes many times. I had about an 8" toothed cup on the jack and wedged the third with wooden shims, Here's a pic...

IMG_2472.JPG

I had a damaged quad ring on my ARB and had to pull the diff and reinstall it. I still stand by the old pivot onto your elbow and let the weight of the diff rest effectively on your forearm and then just lean your arm into position, the diff is resting essentially on your bones so it requires almost no muscle to hold up.

I tried putting a diff on a jack one and it just wanted to tip and roll off.

There's no doubt that ten years ago I could man handle the Diffs, as a avid surfer/construction worker I was quiet strong. But I'm turning 65 this year and after a major surgery 11/2 years ago I never fully regained my strength 😩
I do pride myself that I still do all my own work, house repairs, yard work, tree timing the works.

I work by my self so trying to balance the diff on a floor jack is f**king sketchy. If you have someone to work the jack while you could keep it on the jack it could work.
Also it's a lot harder if you have Factory lockers ( I do ) as there's two studs that are about 4" long that you have keep the diff supported tell you clear them so they don't get bent.
I came up with this, it's not glamorous but it works.
1711506156539.png

It bolt's to the jack, the half circle fits between pinion flange and the diff and holds the diff level while the other end cradles the main rib on the bottom of the diff.
Here it is in action. with the strap on it you can move it in any direction without fear on it fall off.
1711506750872.png

It still takes some finesse but it's a lot safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom