3FE 92 FJ80 Coolant Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello! I'm a pretty new Land Cruiser owner and getting to know this vehicle has been super fun but I've never worked on cars up until now. I have this coolant leak that starts going wild very randomly but when it starts leaking, it goeeeees... I believe I found the source of the leak but I don't know what the part/component is called nor how to go about fixing it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0758.JPG

Hello! I'm a pretty new Land Cruiser owner and getting to know this vehicle has been super fun but I've never worked on cars up until now. I have this coolant leak that starts going wild very randomly but when it starts leaking, it goeeeees... I believe I found the source of the leak but I don't know what the part/component is called nor how to go about fixing it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
If the hard line is rusted through, you're going to have to get creative or find someone in the classifieds section that is parting out a 3FE, as this part is long discontinued. It is the hard line that runs from the water pump to the oil cooler under the crank pulley. There is a soft line on either end. If the soft lines are now 33 years old, consider yourself lucky. They should have been changed 15 years ago. 99556-30300 can be used for both soft lines. While you're in there, you should replace 15777-61030 which is the "S" shaped soft line from the top of the oil cooler to one of the hard lines on the right side of the block.

Consider replacing ALL soft rubber parts on the vehicle. Regardless of how it "looks" to you, this is a 33 year old truck.

1709659619527.png

1709660405147.png

1709660442968.png

If the hard line is rusted through, you're going to have to get creative or find someone in the classifieds section that is parting out a 3FE, as this part is long discontinued. It is the hard line that runs from the water pump to the oil cooler under the crank pulley. There is a soft line on either end. If the soft lines are now 33 years old, consider yourself lucky. They should have been changed 15 years ago. 99556-30300 can be used for both soft lines. While you're in there, you should replace 15777-61030 which is the "S" shaped soft line from the top of the oil cooler to one of the hard lines on the right side of the block.

Consider replacing ALL soft rubber parts on the vehicle. Regardless of how it "looks" to you, this is a 33 year old truck.

View attachment 3574483

View attachment 3574502

View attachment 3574503
Thanks for sharing this! What would I have to remove to get access to those 3 soft lines to replace?

Thanks for sharing this! What would I have to remove to get access to those 3 soft lines to replace?
You'll need long. skinny, child size hands.
All kidding aside, I honestly don't remember. It should be pretty obvious once you're under there. The 3FE is not easy to work on, and rust makes it way more difficult.

You'll need long. skinny, child size hands.
All kidding aside, I honestly don't remember. It should be pretty obvious once you're under there. The 3FE is not easy to work on, and rust makes it way more difficult.
No worries. Thanks so much! I'm 5'4" so I've got the child size part down just not the length ha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom