LC100/LX470 Part-Time Conversion Discussion (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To be truly effective you need to keep light pressure on the brake otherwise you get ghetto posi or better know as Atrac.

I forget about the modern woes. I have a '98.

Bump :D

We excited to post this picture. Sure, it's an AISIN hub bolted functioning on a part-time 100 Series right? While we had an early kit offering that included full non-US OE replacement CV's to accomplish the install, this install is using factory US spec IFS CV's so it's much easier to install and at a significantly lower cost. More soon as we assembly kits :D

View attachment 2122164
man that is a good looking wheel. and hub combo.

95070622-9578-4D99-874A-E327590A67DD.gif

Update on the Part-Time kit for US spec CV's. We have some of the last small parts trickling in to complete these kits, we should start shipping by the first of the year, perhaps sooner. We do have an ongoing back-order/interest list going for those that have called and put your name on the list, those will be serviced in the order they were taken.

Please note, we will be VERY vocal about these kits here on Mud, FB/IG, etc once these kits are shipping. If you're on the back-order/interest sheet, please know we have not forgotten about you and we will call folks back in the order they were added to the list. We'll convert to an order and ship them in that same order. So far it looks like inventory and demand should work out OK but there are some parts of the kit we simply can't spool up any faster with our current and established parts relationships.

Merry Christmas!

Update on the Part-Time kit for US spec CV's. We have some of the last small parts trickling in to complete these kits, we should start shipping by the first of the year, perhaps sooner. We do have an ongoing back-order/interest list going for those that have called and put your name on the list, those will be serviced in the order they were taken.

Please note, we will be VERY vocal about these kits here on Mud, FB/IG, etc once these kits are shipping. If you're on the back-order/interest sheet, please know we have not forgotten about you and we will call folks back in the order they were added to the list. We'll convert to an order and ship them in that same order. So far it looks like inventory and demand should work out OK but there are some parts of the kit we simply can't spool up any faster with our current and established parts relationships.

Merry Christmas!
I just bugged Bryce about that the other day. Do you have a cost estimate, and can I get on the list?

^^^^Same here^^^^

I talked to Bryce a couple weeks ago but I wasn't aware of a pre-order list....looking forward to getting some part time in my life.....

The goal was to land on a kit that would be half the cost of our current full kit offering and half the install labor. I think we’ll be really close. Pricing will be finalized when the last parts arrive.

Anyone is welcome/encouraged to hop on the wait list, easiest this week would be an email with your name/phone and year/make. It’s also time to consider Tcase high range and or low range gearing too :D

Merry Christmas!

Anyone is welcome/encouraged to hop on the wait list, easiest this week would be an email with your name/phone and year/make. It’s also time to consider Tcase high range and or low range gearing too :D

Merry Christmas!
Done!! Thanks Kurt!!

Looking for an update, just whenever you get a chance!

Very excited to do this to reduce my torque steer and front end wear!!

Spoke with Kurt yesterday sounds like they are in process. He is out of the country but they are plugging along. Said to just keep an eye out for call/email as they start working down interest list once ready. Excited for this kit.

Correct Andre, I believe that the GX do not have a hub and spindle but rather a unit bearing in the front end, so you wouldn't be able to bolt on the hubs.

Got a call from Bryce on Friday that part time conversion kit was available in a very limited quantity. I was told that this kit would allow me to keep the original CV axles. It will replace the hub flanges and install a spool in the transfer case.
As it happens, I was driving about 300 miles through a big snow storm here in midwest when I got the call. After reading through the suggestions here and experiencing the how confident my LX was on a stormy night, I think I will pass on the part time kit. Had I lived in a more temperate climate, I would have definitely considered the part time 4wd option.

Got a call from Bryce on Friday that part time conversion kit was available in a very limited quantity. I was told that this kit would allow me to keep the original CV axles. It will replace the hub flanges and install a spool in the transfer case.
As it happens, I was driving about 300 miles through a big snow storm here in midwest when I got the call. After reading through the suggestions here and experiencing the how confident my LX was on a stormy night, I think I will pass on the part time kit. Had I lived in a more temperate climate, I would have definitely considered the part time 4wd option.

Couldn't you just get out and lock the hubs (if it was part time)? What I missing here..

Couldn't you just get out and lock the hubs (if it was part time)? What I missing here..
the spool changes the transfer case from full-time 4wd to a traditional 2wd/4wd (locked 50/50 front to rear) setup. I dont think you'd want to run that locked 4wd on the streets often. Then again, I'm in the South and snow is not a big concern.

I installed new OEM CV axles, so the new kit is interesting. Years ago, I installed a similar kit by Moser on a jeep quadratrac case on my old '77 CJ7 and it made a big difference in driveability in that vehicle.

Yes you can lock the front hub AND lock the center diff to get into 4wd. The only issue is that it then distributes power 50-50 to front and rear. The original fulltime-AWD system is able to distribute power to front and rear as needed

the spool changes the transfer case from full-time 4wd to a 2wd/4wd setup.

I installed new OEM CV axles, so the new kit is interesting. I installed a similar kit by Moser on a jeep quadratrac case on my old '77 CJ7.

Ahhh, this makes more sense. I see your point now. Guess I needed more coffee this AM to reason through it all lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom