Land Cruiser vs. LX570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Totally agree...my LC interior is very lackluster. I love LX interior (minus mouse thingy) and the ML audio is to die for! I hate the fake wood in my LC!! Oh well.

I don't think it's "lackluster', you still have semi-aniline leather (though not as nice as LX's semi aniline) and plenty of luxury.

Me personally, I wanted the flagship Lexus truck for all the Lexus goodies. I love the LC name too but LX is one, and it's the best rebadge ever lol. I also own an old LS. Two Lexus flagships.

I ordered a 600 and after doing a little reading on the forums I would probably get a used 570 over a 200. Just because its a little more vehicle for the money, just not getting the Land Cruiser name. I am in the US market.

I am a story teller so I would tell everyone its a Lexus badged LC200 anyway.

Which reminds me, I missed a moderately low mile triple locked black on black lx450 recently for a good price, makes me wanna cry now thinking about it hahah. No clue why I didn’t pull the trigger, ugh.

I miss my LS460. That car was incredible. 100-150K LS' are a massive sleeper bargain.
Yeah I have a 2004 LS430 that's been garaged and babied since day one.

It still drives like day one, just refuses to break or even begin to try to slow down. I've replaced a thermostat, LCA bushings, and a door lock actuator in 20 years. Would get in and drive it to Alaska and back tomorrow morning.

I have owned LC and LX, and AHC is a wonderful system. Great for loading up on trips and towing, because the AHC levels the load. The LC was also nice on the road, but loaded up the rear was low and handling was affected. LX was level and steady in handling. The AVS allowed adjusting the ride for the load, or if in mountains. Also handled off pavement well. We have the original AHC on the 2001 LX with 290k miles. But I knew from the forum to replace the fluid every 60k. Front shocks developed leaks last year so replaced; Lexus dealer had no qualms working on AHC.

The AHC is designed for a weight limit that is real. It will not rise to Normal if overloaded, especially in cold temps. It is never recommended to exceed the design limits, but it is easier to overload the LC and not be aware. We rarely tow, so towing capacity was not a decision factor, but both were in the same class With 6500 lb. The LX weighs more because of its added features so less available for load capacity. In our use case, the LX with AHC is the clear winner.

The LX has a nicer interior and better paint job than LC and some of the upgrade options are worthwhile features. Service at Lexus is typically better than Toyota.

There are more used LX models on lots because after 2002 the sale of LX started exceeding LC sales by significant margins. Those who had been buying LC’s realized when they added desirable options to the LC, the price was not much different than the LX, plus they got a better warranty and service at Lexus. Few new Lexus buyers bought because it was going to be an off road rig or do heavy towing. They had other rigs for those activities.

So I DID miss all the fun!

OP @JS9 are you alive? Lol
What did you end up doing?

AHC blows hard btw…
Variable suspensions are awesome though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom