Bought my first new car - Land Cruiser LC300 GXR (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased my dream car, a GXR trim with a 3.5L petrol engine (Middle Eeast. I am very happy with it and how it drives. However, I have a few questions that I would love to hear your thoughts on.
  • Fuel consumption: My first full tank of gas only got me 650 kilometers, which is less than the theoretical range of 1,000 kilometers. Do you think the fuel consumption will decrease as the engine breaks in and after I change to 10k oil after driving 1,000 kilometers?
  • Engine warm-up: I live in a hot climate (40 degrees Celsius or 105 degrees Fahrenheit), but my car still takes a long time to warm up. Is it normal to have to wait 5 minutes for the engine to warm up, especially considering that I have only driven the car 850 kilometers so far?
  • Headlights: I am considering upgrading to the full option VXR (ZX in some countries) LED headlights. The only place I can find them is on Aliexpress, but I am skeptical about the quality of the headlights from that website. Have you or anyone you know upgraded to these headlights? If so, would you recommend them?
I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

PHOTO-2023-07-21-02-46-53 (1).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7580.jpg

Beautiful vehicle. Congratulations!

My LX600 improved gas mileage considerably after about 500 miles, with a jump after a voluntary (and not scheduled) oil change at 1000 miles.

Not sure about the warm up. My vehicle hits the "middle" of the temperature gauge after about 5 minutes, but not getting there hasn't ever kept me from driving off.

Good luck with the headlights. Haven't the foggiest idea.

First of all, congratulations.. The back mica is always my preferred colour choice and it feels more natural than other colours

When it comes to fuel economy, its to early for me to say but I have noticed much better fuel economy on highway driving vs city driving. I have also noticed a considerable variability on the fuel range when the car is idling and how you mange your throttle inputs. In my LC200, this was less noticeable probably due to the bigger fuel tank but if you pay enough attention, you can achieve respectable numbers ( I have seen people doing +850km) the eco mode does provide more headroom as it helps in controlling the throttle response quite well, but I would recommend leaving AC to normal mode due to GCC weather.

For the headlights, I won't recommend going for the VXR units as it won't be a straight plug and play and a lot of wiring work needs to be done. but if you insist on going that root, you might consider the VX variant as the GCC sepc of that model doesn't include the adaptive high beam system which might make things easier to retrofit. Also, be mindful that going this root is going to cost a lot...If you are only going for the aesthetics, you might consider the after market options but i doubt if they would perform better than OEM. What really suck about the LC300 is that the LED lights are integrated within the main headlight housing. Hence, in case the LED fails, you will have to replace the whole assembly.. not to also mention that this will kill off the ability to do lights upgrades. I would suggest that you keep the OEM for couple of years until the after market gets more matured. Probably by then, someone would have figured out a way to replace the embedded LEDs as well if you are after that

Last edited:
I’ve have a similar 2022 GXR in dark blue and would like to know if I can upgrade the headlight, usually Toyota is simple unlike BMW where everything has to be programmed. For adaptive headlight you will need to initial it or some sort of setup to function properly which has to be done at the dealer. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom