KZJ71 Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks perfect, what perfect installation of the intercooler, will you have photographs of how it bolts and is mounted in the front room?

I have a Light duty, with the same setup
About the dobinson kit, what part number is it?

regards

Finally, got the dobinsons 60-65mm kit installed, with 33x10.5 tires. Initial impressions are very good.

R0048955.jpg

R0048948.jpg

It looks perfect, what perfect installation of the intercooler, will you have photographs of how it bolts and is mounted in the front room?

I have a Light duty, with the same setup
About the dobinson kit, what part number is it?

regards
I don't have any photos of where it mounts specifically, but its two metal brackets that the grille is mounted to.

The dobinsons kit is:
C59-244 Front Coils
C59-247 Rear Coils
GS59-634 Front Shocks
GS59-633 Rear Shocks
RB59-522K Rubber Caster Correction Bushings

taking a poll: who thinks I should lose the side steps? Kind of feel like they look a bit soccer mom.

Started up a new project today. I plan to delete my rear speakers and reupholster the rear doors for more cargo space, so I'm fitting larger speakers up front. I'm going with components, woofers in the doors and tweeters in the stock speaker location.

IMG_5886.jpg

IMG_5887.jpeg

IMG_5888.jpeg

Putting speakers in doors is never a fun job in my experience, but it's hard not to like the way these turned out. Have some matching 80 series grilles on the way to round out the stock look. Anyone looking for these speaker pods can contact c2dfj45 who imports them from Australia. I didn't even have to do any trimming of the metal.

IMG_5895.jpg

finished up the other side, grilles should be here saturday. I was a little worried going into this that the pod on the drivers side would interfere with my access to the gas pedal, but that's not the case.

IMG_5897.jpeg

IMG_5901.jpeg

IMG_5907.jpg

Well today was a mixed bag. Put on this sweet ladder and 80 series speaker grilles, then discovered a huge crack in my downpipe. Not sure what I’m going to do about that. Any suggestions?

0D2D2E69-5415-4E35-A8AA-40F220496527.jpeg

CC63DF5D-8FC0-470D-83AE-796511CF8F3C.jpeg

100BBB64-006F-4B60-9D29-A1B1D8015A49.jpeg

Hey man. Been going through looking for pics of 33x10.5 tires, and came across this thread. Your ride is beautiful! Love the color! Would love to see more pics if you have them.

Alright, finally got the downpipe welded back together and a brace added between it and the engine. Now back to the fun stuff.

unnamed.jpeg

wow great build man! I think I'm going to copy your engine mods on my KZJ71. Have you thought about how your going to address the possible electronic injection pump issue down the line? I've read they can be a nightmare because no one has the computer to work on them.

As is the case with all of the Toyota factory e-lockers I know of, the locker will only engage in 4LO. To bypass this, you can simply ground the black wire (pin 8) on the 4WD ECU in the passenger kick panel. Did this today and now my locker engages in 2WD, 4HI and 4LO.

34D2D48D-5E11-4028-98A3-8E523FACB7DF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom