KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine are done, finally. Here is iteration one, already thinking about mods after the first successful weekend testing it out.

I called/emailed several paint companies - Olympic (PPG), Rustoleum, Behr - and asked them what product would have the best combination of abrasion resistance, off-gassing/VOC/smell, water resistance, and every single one of them steered me toward water-based finishes. In the end I chose glossy Behr interior/exterior porch & patio floor paint color-matched to the trim. I think they came out great! Bought a 46x93 anti-fatigue foam mat to throw on top.

View attachment 1725423
That turned out amazing! What seat covers do you have?

Thats my review. After a year of ownership id consider giving them 6 out of 5 stars. Can't state how much I use them and what a good value they are. As for sleeping platform there is an ever so slight gap and slope from drawers to the middle seats. If you lay the rear seats do you will see they are angled so some have greated a foam wedge to make it flush. Using an airmatress soaks it right up. If I used a sleeping pad I would try to find a way to level it or just sleep head to the rear

View attachment 1868799
What seat covers are these?

What seat covers are these?

looking good od4x4. I like the way you used extra rubber inside the drawers. what size rubber matt did you buy to cover the top and drawers? Thanks for your time.

Man that is stretching the memory... but thanks to Amazon I can tell you it was 8 ft. 7 would have done it if memory serves... but it is cheaper to by 8!

Lining the drawer makes a huge difference when they are not completely full. I ended up adding some partitions (one in quarters the other 1/3) that are removable just to keep anything stored from building up too much inertia as it moved around.

So if I want to bolt tie downs to the top, will I need to trim an inch or so off the back of the drawer so it doesn't catch on the bolts when the drawer slides out? I'm doing flip-ups for the wings so bolting the tie downs to them isn't an option.

So if I want to bolt tie downs to the top, will I need to trim an inch or so off the back of the drawer so it doesn't catch on the bolts when the drawer slides out? I'm doing flip-ups for the wings so bolting the tie downs to them isn't an option.

How about a captive screw?

SmartSelect_20190930-182613_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'M ALIVE (in my best zombie voice) ;)

Sending out a newsletter tonight (threads are for truck stuff not business marketing) with lots of updates - so sorry for the radio silence but it'll all be worth it, I promise!

Is there Remora news in the update?

Hello- I'm considering this mod of fixed 'drawer wings'
I searched for the 6 hole angle bracket but only coming up with 4 hole
Materials list /part numbers for components used ?
TIA

Finished my install today. Really happy with how the drawers turned out. I gotta say, Dave has created an amazing piece of kit. Quality and fitment is top notch!

Customizations:
Paint - Benjamin Moore Advance Satin Black
Edge Guard - Black anodized aluminum from sheetmetalsonline.com
Handles - Spring pull handles from wdscomponentusa.com (link)

I'll probably put a PVC flooring sheet on top and some neoprene for the drawer bottoms.

View attachment 1928217
View attachment 1928219View attachment 1928220

Detail of fixed sides (back):
View attachment 1928223

Hello- I'm considering this mod of fixed 'drawer wings'
I searched for the 6 hole angle bracket but only coming up with 4 hole
Materials list /part numbers for components used ?
TIA
Here you go. You probably don't need 24 of the 3061 screws, I went overboard. I used some extras (single hole brackets and t-nuts) from the original kit, so make sure you count according to what you have. For the 1010-S, I believe I ordered 2 x 3" and 2 x 4" lengths. Also, you'll need 8 self-tapping screws (9320), not 4 if you decide to go that route.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 12.34.10 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 12.40.19 AM.png

Last edited:
I just realized I never posted my KISS drawers.

Started with the base drawers, added hinged wings as to not lose any storage added an additional support bracket for the wings, added carpet, and then created a flip over sleeping platform.

Drawers.jpg

DrawersFolded.jpg

I did this for two reasons.
I get to keep the full use of my rear passenger seats and when I'm ready to set up camp, I just fold the seats flip the platform over then throw my sleeping pad/bag back there, and camp is set up for the evening.

Then I created a super simple shelf that attaches to the front of the drawers. I've got to be careful with this one because too much weight and the drawer fronts will fail as they're not built to hold much weight.
Shelf.jpg

ShelvStove.jpg

I'm sure I'll do some more modifications to this eventually, but I really like how it turned out, a couple modifications I'm thinking of is a hinged drawer topper that can be popped up to give more prep/work area or maybe some dividers to better organize the other drawer. Who knows but the possibilities are nearly endless with this design.

Not bad for a first post! hahah.

Here you go. You probably don't need 24 of the 3061 screws, I went overboard. I used some extras (single hole brackets and t-nuts) from the original kit, so make sure you count according to what you have. For the 1010-S, I believe I ordered 2 x 3" and 2 x 4" lengths. Also, you'll need 8 self-tapping screws (9320), not 4 if you decide to go that route.

View attachment 2102858View attachment 2102859
THANKS !! I started searching 80/20 site and started piecing this together last night
Nice mod thanks for posting pics

It has been about a year since I installed my KISS drawers and I think its one of the best additions to my setup! Our longest trip was 23 days and we slept inside for 18 nights. And of course several weekenders.

KISS Hotel, note the tents dont have to come out when the mattress is setup:

IMG_20190913_180610.jpg

KISS Kitchen:
IMG_20190610_154120.jpg

Ready to roll:
Untitled-01.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom