Keystone Cruisers Next Monthly Run is May 13th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gary may be joining and my bud James is riding with me to help map/navigate...

I could bring my ez-up, we could huddle up and plan routes for CMCC... Or, meet for breakfast and plan some routes

What's that leave at this point?

Chusha
Pacer
CAZ

Just three trucks, Gary was planning on coming out, I think to ride shotgun.

I'd love to come out to meet you guys but sheared a knuckle stud @ the FJNE event. Still waiting for parts.
I'll try for June though!

Right now I am iffy. My nephew's 40 is dead in the garage (no compression in #1 cylinder) and I have a chance to do a compression test on a donor engine at Todd Slater's place. If the trip to Slater's materializes I am not gonna make the trip to Anthracite. Will keep the thread updated.

Right now I am iffy. My nephew's 40 is dead in the garage (no compression in #1 cylinder) and I have a chance to do a compression test on a donor engine at Todd Slater's place. If the trip to Slater's materializes I am not gonna make the trip to Anthracite. Will keep the thread updated.
Not iffy now, I am figuring to be at Anthracite.

I'm out. My rear lock is in, all good, but I thought I would have sliders on by this run. They shipped already, so I'm going to wait until next run when they will be on.

Well quite the interesting day at Anthracite. Had there trucks, Aaron (Pacer) in his diesel 62, Andy in his red Tacoma, and Crusha wheeling the blue supercharged 80, I was his passenger and navigator. Got out of the staging area at 9:05, there was a surprising number of Jeeps there and a really surprising number of Toyota 4WD vehicles. It was rainign quite steadily all morning.

We headed all the way out the main road and turned left at (I think) intersection #731. Went down into the culvert trail (one of my favorites) where the fun started. Aaron managed to get a long log stuck under his 62, couldn't move forward or backward. had to hook his winch up to a tree to get him moving again. A few minutes later Crusha was stuck. he had flipped over a giant rock (he's getting damn good at this by the way) that jammed up in behind his passenger front wheel against the exhaust pipe. Engine stopped running and wouldn't restart. Hmmmm.... Andy was behind him and tugged him back to get clear of the rock. Then the boys started to look around and see what was happening. They found a blown fuse in (I think) the engine control circuit. Swapped one if from a less important spot in the fusebox and voila! Started right up. That was after Andy had crawled underneath and found that the rock had crushed the wires going to the O2 sensor and apparently shorted two of them out. Good find, guys!

Got out of the culvert trail and drove through the loooooong water hole. yes of course it was still raining. We turned into a really tight short trail that I hadn't been on before and had gone almost all the way through ti when Aaron walked up with a piece of Japanese steel. from his frame!!! Where the front of the rear axle leaf spring on his passenger side should have been attached to the frame there was nothing. large chunk of the frame was still attached to the front eye of the spring. Damn! Managed to drive the truck out to a flat spot, and after some discussion using Andy's hi-lift jack we raised the side of the truck and "persuaded" his axle back into a reasonable correct position. Aaron ratchet strapped it to the frame as best he could and drove it out to the staging area. It was crabbing a bit on the drive out- I'd say the rear wheels were displaced 6 inches sideways and to drive straight he had to keep his steering wheel turned. interesting.

I was able to contact my AAA tow guy and in a matter of an hour and a half the rollback was at AAOA and his 62 was pulled up onto it for the ride home. Not sure what he's gonna do with it, i'll let him tell you that! Didn't see too many trails today but it sure was interesting! In light of this we are talking about another trip to AAOA the second Saturday in June to do some more trail scouting in preparation for July's Coal Mine event.

Nice write-up Gary, thanks!

20170513_140146.jpg
20170513_140132.jpg
20170513_133105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom