Keystone Cruisers Next Monthly Run is May 13th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In other news:
20170513_090336.jpg
20170513_090353.jpg

@Pacer
A little duct tape and a ratchet strap. That will be good as new!

@Pacer
A little duct tape and a ratchet strap. That will be good as new!
Not this time...

I'll add, great group of folks to get stuck with; supported me in getting off the trail and hung with me in the rainy parking lot. Tow truck was on its way before we even made it off the trial, no pressure, no ill will, tools and straps handed to me before I knew I needed them... A ride home! Good stuff fellas, THANK YOU!

It really is this simple. If you drive your rig to the trail some day you will need a tow home. Helping each other is the only right thing to do. Even if you tow your junk. You will have to get it off the trail at some point.

That was our Tacoma group in the parking lot. We ended up checking out the trail with the culvert. Thanks for your input with the trails. I may be joining you guys for the June trip. Going to get my membership set up today.

Welcome to the club! It really is a pretty good group if i must say so myself. You'll most likely enjoy wheeling with us the second Saturday of each month. And check out the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic- in July every year and it's a blast! It's one of the biggest Toyota offroad events on the east coast and is run by the Gotham City guys. It gets a little better every year these guys have it down pat. Check it out!

Yup, two of us, not me, I'll let them chime in.
Welcome to the group, nice rigs!
Awesome. One guy I know from Tacoma World is going. I want to do Windrock last year but the timing was bad. Was not going to let it slip by again.

so i want to know what happened to pacer's 60series?

Well his frame tore apart where the front of the passenger side rear leaf spring attaches. As in most such breaks it was probably cracked in that area for some time and gave way yesterday while climbing over the rocks. Was an ugly break. Aaron figured with all the dirt and crud that was inside the frame rails that someday he'd have a problem. Well the problem materialized yesterday. Truck is sitting at Hopes Towing in Tamaqua and will be delivered to Philly tomorrow. He's unsure whether or not to fix it or replace the frame with a good one that he already has. Stay tuned I suppose.................

Well his frame tore apart where the front of the passenger side rear leaf spring attaches. As in most such breaks it was probably cracked in that area for some time and gave way yesterday while climbing over the rocks. Was an ugly break. Aaron figured with all the dirt and crud that was inside the frame rails that someday he'd have a problem. Well the problem materialized yesterday. Truck is sitting at Hopes Towing in Tamaqua and will be delivered to Philly tomorrow. He's unsure whether or not to fix it or replace the frame with a good one that he already has. Stay tuned I suppose.................

Given what that truck has been through over the (last 10?) years I'm impressed it went this long without some major failure. Not surprised, but impressed.

^^^ I was "bulldozing" all morning, tail gunning, not paying a terrible amount of attention to the terrain, kinda just spooling up the throttle and letting the brakes and locker do their thing.
And yes, as Gary said already, this frame has been in rough shape for years. This is a known week spot on the j60 frame. Definitely could see it coming and should be inspected carfully if considering taking on one of these trucks.
As Riverhead said also, I'm not easy on the old girl.

Passenger side, rear spring hanger, I could scab plate it and weld'er up....
I could frame swap....
Yank the drivetrain and scrap it...?
20170513_122609.jpg

20170513_122602.jpg

Not this time...

I'll add, great group of folks to get stuck with; supported me in getting off the trail and hung with me in the rainy parking lot. Tow truck was on its way before we even made it off the trial, no pressure, no ill will, tools and straps handed to me before I knew I needed them... A ride home! Good stuff fellas, THANK YOU!

Damn Aaron, sorry to hear of the carnage. Plate it up, check out the other spring mounts, and keep giving it the business. A frame swap is a PITA, but you already knew that.

Good luck, regardless of which direction you go. If you need any support, just let me know. I'm good at leaning on stuff, drinking, and watching things get done...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom