Keaton's '03 LX470 Thread

I was originally looking at Land Cruisers, since AHC seems to be a hassle, but I found an LX470 with 225k for $9k.

The 202 color code in the door, the Mark Levinson sound system, and the immaculate interior sold me. The truck was well maintained with about 8 pages of service records. So stoked.

My first car was a black 1993 Toyota 4Runner--same color. Black Onyx.

I'm just so stoked.

The AHC works, though I hear popping noises.

There are a few things to address. First, the truck was involved in a side-swipe resulting in a repaint of the rear quarter panel and the front fender. The respray was okay, the orange peel needs to be wet sanded at 2000 grit and buffed again to make me happy.

The hood was covered in sap or tar marks, with a long scratch on the passenger side. Hopefully, I'll find time to block, prime, spray, sand, and buff. I have plenty of 202 Black Onyx left.

The interior was freaking immaculate. The front seats have some pretty minor cracking, eventually these will get replaced with a new front row from Land Cruiser Heaven.

Frame was also immaculate. Didn't even look dirty.

Needs an alignment and a good tire balance.

Okay, a few questions.

First, can I delete the 2nd row DVD player? I think the screen is cracked, and generally, its pretty chintzy.

Second, the middle latch of my larger split seat is seemingly stuck closed. As such, you can't fold the row down all the way. Has anyone had this problem? I couldn't figure out how to separate the rear seat cover from the actual seat.

Third, the roof rack cover on the driver's side was broken. Does anyone know this P/N off the top of their head? (pic below)

Fourth, I believe that the speakers need a good re-foam. I get some decent distortion from them with heavy bass.

Fifth, what is this??
Looks like a broken antenna mount.
IMG_1409.jpeg

I'll snap some pictures of everything else tomorrow.

Empty room

GOLD Star
Ordered the TechStream cable on Sunday--should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to look at the AHC pressures. The system seems to function fine, though at the dealer he couldn't get it to work properly, allowing me to knock down the price a bit.

Quick question, should there be a spring on the pin/latch in the sunglasses compartment? Mine seems to get snagged on opening, no matter what I do.

Cannot believe this vehicle has 225k--drives really well.

It appears this LC had a dealer installed DVD player--seems to work fine but is just junk overall. Makes me wonder if I can CNC a setup with a larger screen, better lights, and just an overall higher quality build. Or just delete the whole damn thing. They ran the power underneath the dash horribly. The brand is Auto Cinema--TV2GO.

Fixed my rear clunk--just greased the zerks on all the u-joints and the slip yoke.

Last edited:
First issue with the LX470 (aside from interior rattles). My driver's side lock motor started working erratically. Ordered the new motors off Ebay. Bought the D-shaft motors, I think this is the right one for the 2003+ LX470.

Not afraid to tear into the door panel. Did the exact same thing on my 1993 4Runner.

Also ordered new sub woofer foam to replace the rear sub's foam which I assume has degraded, according to the rattle/clatter coming from it at mid-to-high volume.

I think the doors need a re-foam too, I will see once I open the door panel to replace the motor.

I have a friend with an 2006 LX470 that has offered to rip a nav upgrade DVD. I am unsure if this will work with my 2003 nav unit, but I have the instant MPG which I thought was only available in the Gen4 navigation units..thoughts?

Just ordered the BT45 Bluetooth unit to replace the CD changer. Looking forward to decent quality audio.

Still trying to figure out what to name the LX, or name it at all.

I've noticed this weird rumbling noise/vibration that feels like its coming from the rear at times. Almost like going over a rumble strip. Hoping it has nothing to do with the ride control/AHC, but I figure it is.

After this paycheck, going to look at new tires for the LX.

Last edited:
Linked below is all the service history on this beast.

This weekend will be spent cleaning the throttle body and inspecting spark plugs.
Slight idle vibration.

Attachments

Last edited:
Holy Moses. I think I just found the worst aftermarket DVD player install, ever.
IMG_1463.jpeg

Anyone have a LX470/LC100 gray interior light assembly? Or just pictures of one with or without part numbers? Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom