KDSS valve screws, cruiser lean, stock springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I'd throw this out there and see if I could bundle all these questions into one thread. I have a 2014 LC that has a bit of "cruiser lean" on the stock suspension. About 1.5" lower on the drivers side front and back with a full tank of gas. My plan was to see if opening the KDSS valves and letting it sit on a level surface for a couple days might help. If not, look into other options. My 200 is from Colorado and not much rust at all. I soaked the KDSS valve screws for a couple weeks with PB blaster before attempting to get them open. One screw opened without too much fuss, but the other I stripped. I didn't break the allen bit off inside the screw, I stripped it. I'm currently looking for someone to weld a nut on top of the screw. Wondering if anyone would have any input on the following:

1. I have no plans on lifting, but if new stock suspension parts, (struts, springs and shocks) might correct the lean that was the original plan. Would just opening up one screw the 3 turns on the KDSS valve allow for sufficient droop to get stock struts/sprigs in, or does it require both screws to be open?

2. Are the stock rear springs a different height to compensate for the gas tank side? Like OME springs are labeled for driver and passenger side? If the passenger spring is taller perhaps that with a trim packer on top could make up for the 1.5" lean.

3. Is there a thicker spring spacer (rear) that fits the 200 other than the OME?

For the front lean, if new struts didn't correct the problem I think I could add the factory spacer that sits on top of the strut to get closer to level. Or it looks like Dobinson makes a kit for a 1" lift that might be worth looking in to. But from what I've read here a new suspension doesn't seem to fix the "lean". I'm from the 80 section and the whole KDSS thing is throwing curve balls.

Obviously if I can't droop the suspension without opening both screws, that would be my main concern at the moment. Thanks for any input anyone might have.

I would crack open the KDSS valves and let it sit for 20 minutes and then close them.

Do not open them more than 3 turns or you will have a new project.

Yes the rear springs are different right to left, and if they were replaced someone could have them on the wrong sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom