Front KDSS link (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Working on a buddies 2011 with KDSS, I put a BDS suspension lift for a Tundra on it, and that kit comes with longer sway bar end links, on the passenger side that worked out fine, but on the driver side, which has the KDSS link, the new end link bolted on fine, but the KDSS link move side to side at least 4" putting the end link in a serious bind. it happens not matter if the end link is bolted on the inside or outside on the KDSS link, although proper placement is inside. so my question is, is the bushing at the sway bar end of the KDSS link worn out, or is it supposed to have this much ( at least 4") od side to side movement when its unhooked from the sway bar end link at the lower control arm?

How much lift?

The KDSS arm side sway bar link has a different upper bushing than the other side, and personally I believe this is partly to stabilize the KDSS arm and keep it from flopping side to side.

Some pictures of what you have going on should help, but I believe most people with KDSS use the regullar links, and this is part of why.

How much lift?

The KDSS arm side sway bar link has a different upper bushing than the other side, and personally I believe this is partly to stabilize the KDSS arm and keep it from flopping side to side.

Some pictures of what you have going on should help, but I believe most people with KDSS use the regullar links, and this is part of why.
The BDS kit is a 7" lift but we are not going the full 7" the Lower control arm drop brackets are 4" from hole to hole, since we dropped the control arms that much, some form of an extended sway bar link will be needed as with the suspension at ride height the sway bar at full droop was about 2" shy of making connection with the stock end link. I will most likely have to make a bracket to raise the mount on the Kdss side and then just reuse the factory end link. Thank-you for confirming my fear and saving us from buying the new sway (the bushing I thought might be bad is non replaceable according to Toyota and is part of the actual bar) bar when that most likely would not fix the issue.

Ah yeah, that's far outside what most people here do with their trucks.

Ah yeah, that's far outside what most people here do with their trucks.
For the record, the BDS lift was not my idea. LOL, He was having issues eating cv axles and just fed up, this LC is just going to be street queen from now on so he thought this would be and easy fix, but definitely opening up more cans of worms. I will say, that with the control arms now sitting closer to flat, that it does drive much better.

Just delete the KDSS. Problemo solved.

Did he use factory tundra cv's. Not reman but factory new? We have quite a few Tundra lifts with oem tundra cv's and I haven't heard about issues with boots tearing. He never had this issue except this past year. Something else has to be causing the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom