KDSS Conundrum (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

However a sloped or more so angled drive way would not be a happy environment for a 200 with KDSS or a garage with a low point for a drain or otherwise significant uneven floor.

This exactly, and I don't think it has been talked about enough. I don't know for sure but doubt toyota would ever come out and say you can't store your cruiser on a non-flat surface. But as I learn more about these systems I believe it is a bad idea.

Exactly how KDSS works on a 200 series. Great it is just a simple hydraulic system and very happy how it improves on road handling in corners and will allow for full articulation offroad.

However a sloped or more so angled drive way would not be a happy environment for a 200 with KDSS or a garage with a low point for a drain or otherwise significant uneven floor.

Never consider something like these (or more angled) could be a problem. It is pretty unusual though.
View attachment 3603862

View attachment 3603867
Howe
I have this exact issue and it drives me nuts -- my driveway is at an incline... I end up with a lean, I can correct it if I occasionally park in the opposite direction.

I have this exact issue and it drives me nuts -- my driveway is at an incline... I end up with a lean, I can correct it if I occasionally park in the opposite direction.
Thanks, that confirms our understanding of KDSS and its draw back I would say.

Good approach there to park in alternating directions.

In my opinion KDSS remains a great system, yet this may be the major draw back. A trade in for an LX570 with AHC could be one way, assuming AHC levels itself through sensors. There will be many LX 570 owner on MUD who can shine some light on this. You may not like this solution either. I get that as I like the LC200 more as well. Good luck. Keep us posted if you figure a solution short of leveling the drive way or parking in different directions..

Last edited:
and its draw back I would say.

I agree with this.

I can almost picture the lone engineer on the team at Toyota really thinking things through and discovering this quirk, only to get shut down as being an edge case that isn’t a realistic problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom