JV's NoVA Question Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Threads
I'd like to use this spot to pick the brains of folks with knowledge of the Gainesville, Mensasses, Fairfax, and surrounding areas - various questions as I have them. I'm staying with my parents in GVL for an undetermined time as my father deals with gastrointestinal cancer, and they generally don't have the info I'm looking for about local stuff. I know my way around since I've been coming here for 13 years and I grew up in Fairfax. IH8TRAFFIC.

So, let's begin, shall we?

Where can I go to wash off 30lbs of Uwharrie red clay from the 80? My google-fu skills return nothing definitive and I can't recall seeing a self service car wash in my travels. Their HOA will sh!t if I leave it dirty AND also if I wash it at the house. It'd be nice to handle this while it's still all wet from the rain but anything between here and Kilroy's will work for me.

Hmmmm. Just noticed that the neighbors house is for sale and empty...:p

Sorry to hear about your father's diagnosis. Positive vibes sent his way to beat that nasty disease.

Here is what you are looking for: Sam's Self Service Car Wash of Manassas VA
it is the only one in the GVL/Manassas area besides Warrenton that I have found

There is one on Leland rd at rt 28 that is off the beaten path and no one will complain ( behind the dunkin doughnuts/ El taco). Beware if you use the one in warrenton VA the owner owns Gilliams hardware right by it and is a stickler for people brining trucks that have been wheeled/farm or work truck in there and washing off a bunch of stuff.
Hope your father makes a full recovery F___ cancer

@D21FJ60 whats the name of the diner, or maybe it’s just a mom & pop restaurant in Marshall? Been there forever. I think it’s white? Can’t be too many...
If it is white that was the Old Salem restaurant that was on main street. it got sold and now is a worthless overpriced bakery called The red truck.
Only "diner/mom& pops" left in Marshall are the Salem diner that is now in the shopping center by Food Lion or the Marshall diner on the west end of town ( pretty good food by the way)

Ding ding ding! Winner! Marshall Diner. Yep, good stuff. Putting it on my list for next week. Thanks, @1MOA - I would have never thought to combine those two words into a google search. Seemed easier to ask a bunch of strangers on a Toyota truck forum. :rofl:

Sorry hadn't been on since before you posted that. Been to old Salem cafe once and it was lackluster, they also keep weird hours- 10:33 on a Friday and looks like a tomb.
Lived here a couple years and have yet to go to Marshall diner...
Concur that red truck bakery is mediocre at best, and no ramp to get in. Took my son into town before he could walk and I had to carry his stroller up the stairs...weak.

Warrenton Tire and Auto, 19 Broadview Ave.

Ryan got sick all by himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom