JV's NoVA Question Thread

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Not a question. Just wanted to give mention to The Bone bbq joint in Gainesville. The pork was pretty damned good. It came sauced with a little mild vinegar sauce (I’d rather have had the option for no sauce) but it was more for moisture than taste, to me. The house bbq sauce was pretty tasty with just a hint of spice. I can’t comment on the fries because I got it to go and we all know what that does to fries.

It’s a family owned restaurant with a second location in Manassas.

I still need to try Mission BBQ.

1 vote for the Spare Ribs at Rocklands BBQ in Arlington... No. Better. Ribs.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
1 vote for the Spare Ribs at Rocklands BBQ in Arlington... No. Better. Ribs.
Feel free to bring me some tonight. I'll put the fridge back in the truck. :pig:

Ah! I'll swap you some from The Bone. Haven't tried them, but I'll get you some if you wanna do it.

1MOA

SILVER Star
Not in gainesville but try Divine swine BBQ at 19 Culpeper St in Warrenton.
They have great BBQ but try the raimen/PHO bowl with jamaican jerk chicken. They have everything from vegetarian meatloaf ( how can that be?) to pupusas. Never had a bad meal there.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
[insert sound of screeching tires and brakes] Changing course now, Captain! Those beers have been after me for quite some time. They'll need to be dealt with.

Not in gainesville but try Divine swine BBQ at 19 Culpeper St in Warrenton.
They have great BBQ but try the raimen/PHO bowl with jamaican jerk chicken. They have everything from vegetarian meatloaf ( how can that be?) to pupusas. Never had a bad meal there.
Damn I might move back just to try that Pho.

Otramm you wanna take me out on a date? I put out

Top Bottom