Just wanted to say thank you! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Back on March 25th Eric Forrest was kind enough to part with one of his LC hoard. Eric & Stacy Rymer and I rode down to look over the 91 FJ80 in all of is Povery Packge glory. Loved what I saw and agreed to finalize the deal ... However there was some work that needed to be done...front axle swap, brake line swap, replace a rear upper link and install the other half of a 2.5" OME lift.

Low and behold had I known what I was in for that day! HAHAHAH:wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench::wrench:

I want to give a big shout out and thank you to @forrest5000, @Roxx, @erymer in getting all of that work accomplished in one day... Arrive at 9:30 tear the 80 apart and arrive home back in time for dinner. I have to admit that my imitation into ownership of a 80 was an amazing one.

Again, I just wanted to thank everyone for their help and assistance with all the work that went into getting this 80 to its new home. I'm thrilled with the truck and cant wait to get it out and actually wheel with it.

Here are a couple pics of the work done...
20170325_135343.jpg
20170325_151751.jpg
20170325_164818.jpg
20170326_122548.jpg

Nice guys love it.

So do not-so nice guys!

Love this cruiser! Congrats Ted and family and to Eric for getting the swap done . . .finally! :)

Miss it already!

Yes it was. Lol. We decided to call it the blind date. Since the meeting was arranged for him without truly seeing her in person. And it was love at first sight. Lol

Nothing says welcome to the club with a new cruiser like an axle swap right from jump.

Last edited:
Should have smelled before the febreeze and aired it out . Warning don't buy a bucket from firehouse then leave in a closed car for 3 months

Congratulations, Ted! I have many great memories wheeling with that rig. The first time I met Eric, I was a passenger in that truck and we were halfway up Wolf's Den before I learned his name.

Lots of fond memories working on that truck. On the trail and in the shop. Good times. Certainly good times. Just whatyever you do don't call me during an event with some problem. I will always say sure you can make it you will be just fine.

PS always carry a PVC saw, a sledge hammer and some spare tin. The rest can be found laying around the campsite.

I was "the stupervisor" like ted called me. I couldnt help much even when this happened on my driveway. I had to go to run some errands with the boss lady. I just supplied the concrete.

Just whatyever you do don't call me during an event with some problem. I will always say sure you can make it you will be just fine.

Hahahaha! Sage advice right there.

Should have smelled before the febreeze and aired it out . Warning don't buy a bucket from firehouse then leave in a closed car for 3 months
I was "the stupervisor" like ted called me. I couldnt help much even when this happened on my driveway. I had to go to run some errands with the boss lady. I just supplied the concrete.

Thanks again for letting us use your drive way and for lending us an occasional tidbit of guidance here and there....!!! I still can't believe how well it rides for being such a large vehicle. Starting to tackle a few odds and ends and getting ready to put a rack on top along with getting my new winch installed.

Again, thanks for your help and lending a hand.

Congratulations, Ted! I have many great memories wheeling with that rig. The first time I met Eric, I was a passenger in that truck and we were halfway up Wolf's Den before I learned his name.

Thank for the congrats! My only regret is that I didn't start out my TLC obsession with an 80 first!

Nice, Ted. You do know that it has a name, right? Eric F did everything he could to hide it...

Yes, but that's no matter now... Stacy & Eric have already provided me with a NEW name. As I am finding out that the majority rules here and I have a feeling that the new name will cling to me like that funky smell that came along with it. :confused: For what is worth it is getting better ... not sure if I'm just oblivious to it now or that it is actually fading ????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom