JT Outfitters Sucks (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

shocked, yet again

FWIW I placed two orders with JTO. Prices seemd fair to me. Both orders were filled promptly. The packing and shipping was good. Items received promptly and I was happy with the quality.

Later, I ran across some negative comments about them. I thought, yeesh, I musta really got lucky. Caught 'em on a good day, I guess.

Inconsistent service is prolly worse than poor service! :hmm:

My experience? Slow, tough to get hold of, but product arrived, as advertised. When I contacted them about the order, they indicated it was being shipped from the manufacturer as opposed to them. I received the item a few days later.

I refuse to believe that a company, in this economy, doing business in this sector, would be so busy they can't ship parts out in 2 weeks. It's a business, that's what they do.

I can understand a single person not shipping for two weeks but not a business, if it is in stock.

I buy and sell and decent amount of stuff on ebay Cruiser and other. It's really the poor communication that causes the issues. If JT and others would "communicate", you know a "hey we're really busy it will be a couple weeks before we can get this stuff shipped" that would be fine, most good sellers do this.

If you're going to f ing going to do something try not to be a half assed jerk wad about it when people expect you to do a little better than half assed.

Someone has a quote here someplace that is something like this "most people miss opportunity because it looks like hard work" . If these a-holes are going to be in the customer services business then they should freaking at least pretend to care.

JTOutfitters is a TERRIBLE company!

In mid December (12/20) I order $1100 dollars worth of parts for my '78 FJ40 from JTO and here it is the 31st of January and I've only received half of my order. When I called originally I told a man from JTO that I was only an hour and a half of a drive from Charlotte, NC up to Winston-Salem where they're located and that I wanted to drive up to get the parts to get them quicker and to save on shipping costs. Well, the man told me that he would ship the items for free instead of me having to drive up there in my '04 Land Cruiser that sucks gasoline. This sounded great, so I went on ahead and paid for the laundry list of items and thought I was doing well. I have called nine times now finding the same 'round the bush' reply of "it'll be to you in two days."

I am posting this to reinforce the negative feedback that JTO has already received and encourage those that attempt to do business with them in the future to BEWARE!

if that is the case then go for a drive, get your stuff, and carry on. hour and a half is a nice relaxing drive.

In mid December (12/20) I order $1100 dollars worth of parts for my '78 FJ40 from JTO and here it is the 31st of January and I've only received half of my order. When I called originally I told a man from JTO that I was only an hour and a half of a drive from Charlotte, NC up to Winston-Salem where they're located and that I wanted to drive up to get the parts to get them quicker and to save on shipping costs. Well, the man told me that he would ship the items for free instead of me having to drive up there in my '04 Land Cruiser that sucks gasoline. This sounded great, so I went on ahead and paid for the laundry list of items and thought I was doing well. I have called nine times now finding the same 'round the bush' reply of "it'll be to you in two days."

I am posting this to reinforce the negative feedback that JTO has already received and encourage those that attempt to do business with them in the future to BEWARE!

It's because they sell s*** they don't physically have.
You can't go pick up parts if they don't have them on their shelves.

Steering box seal, (cough) fawkers.

I'd almost rank them up there with Cruiser Solutions but not quite. Another turd in the punch bowl.

There was another group of clowns using manafre.com a while back. When it was typed in without the dashes (man-a-fre.com) it came up to their site. I think I mentioned it to Chris(?) at the real man-a-fre and forgot about it. It seems to be gone now, but I think it was one of the piss poor vendors we bitch about often. Anyone remember what company that was?

if that is the case then go for a drive, get your stuff, and carry on. hour and a half is a nice relaxing drive.

Bingo!

x10 most of these small outfits drop ship s*** from other companies hence the delay in getting your goods...do some research before you buy if you're in a hurry..

i didnt realize the seller could leave the buyer neg feed back ,after i pay for something on ebay i tell the seller that slow shipping will not work.since they cant leave you neg feed back they usually ship quick.i sell about 10 toyota parts a week on ebay and ship within a day or 2 of payment and i use priority mail.i dont like ebays rules or some other stuff but ebay has worked for me for many years.if you think about all the people that have 40s it will take years to get the word out about these bad vendors.why didnt you leave them neg feedback and let the whole ebay community know?

JT S..t Fitters sucks. Their PS pump bracket and the use of a Saginaw pump with the skinny belt that doesn't fit the wide Toy pulleys properly sucks. I bought the $400 kit some years ago. I wound up going with Iron Pig's SUPERIOR pump bracket and special pulley for the Saginaw pump. Their shipping time and full lack of after the sale support was incredible,. Iron Pig and Lance are 100%. Don't Waste Your Dough On JTO! (DWYDOJTO)

I have to say, as a guy who is in the middle of a FJ40 restoration and a number of upgrades on another FJ40...I've yet to experience excellent service without some let downs with service from any company out there. And I've ordered from them all.
I think the only exceptions are Marks Off Road and SOR.

I'm 100% behind Iron Pig and Ricochet OffRoad.

I didn't have a problem with them

I found that they were able to search for my parts by my vin number on my car.
they were very reliable for me. Surprisingly I don't know why they would not be good to other customers like yourselves. I received everything on time and with satisfaction they found my parts and they were much cheaper than the parts store.
Thanks for the feedback.

You are one of the rare ones. Search and there are a couple of new threads in the last month or so. Calling DOES NOT make a difference. I hope this helps someone else to not get screwed over and the repeated run around. Too many good vendors on here to take a chance with a vendor who repeatedly lets people down. I dealt with them over 7 years ago and they havn't changed.

I found that they were able to search for my parts by my vin number on my car.
they were very reliable for me. Surprisingly I don't know why they would not be good to other customers like yourselves. I received everything on time and with satisfaction they found my parts and they were much cheaper than the parts store.
Thanks for the feedback.

We dont know why they CHOOSE not be good to their customers and be on time but we do know which vendors take good care of their customers.

ive had some bad sellers on ebay ,but im an ass when people rip me off so a couple plane tickets later the problems were resoved.

Maybe we should have an area where we can put the names of the places that are good to buy from. I have used a couple well know suppliers and have been very happy with shipping and parts quality. I am in the middle of a restoation and at some point will need to order alot of parts, so I think knowing who to use would help alot of people out and probably give us more options to order from. Just an idea?

...another victim of JT Outfitters. Week and a half and it hasn't shipped. He let it slide that he's waiting on parts from California. What? So it wasn't in stock. Now I'm paranoid and am goinf to have to research and call every place I order from.
Well, here's more pics. I know how you guys like pics.

IMG_20180802_172813167.jpg

IMG_20180802_172721421.jpg

Got my rebuild kit. How does the saying go? "A day late and a bearing short?"
It's like the're going out of their way to f**k me. I needed to rebuild and install the H42 to drive the vehicle to the shipping yard. Not only did it take 3 WEEKS after I placed the order to ship, it's missing parts too.

Congratulations JT Outfitters, you are the worst company I've ever worked with. Ever.

I've received packages from half way across the world faster, not even exaggerating.

IMG_20180825_061326697.jpg

Screenshot_20180825-061347.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom