JT Outfitters Sucks

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor

I take it based on your pic that you only got 3 of the 4 main bearings? And the missing one wasn’t one of the standard 308 bearings available EVERYWHERE?

I take it based on your pic that you only got 3 of the 4 main bearings? And the missing one wasn’t one of the standard 308 bearings available EVERYWHERE?
Nope. Went to the local bearing shop, guy knew his stuff. Just from the number he could tell it was a koyo transmission bearing. His global database said there was one in Philly, Miami and Melbourne. I will get my last bearing from JT but for now the 40 is on a trailer heading down the Alcan to Washington.

UPDATE!
I had quite a bit of correspondence with Joe at JT and he asked me everything I already explained in 3 more unnecessary emails.
That took a month.
Then he finally received the bearing "kits" from the supplier. They were also missing my bearing.
That took another month to get the bearing.
Now two months later he finally gets the bearing shipped... TO MY OLD ADDRESS.
I provided him my new address, in FOUR previous (probably unread) emails. Now I get to figure that situation out.
Meanwhile, winter is creeping up fast in MN and the 40 is still in pieces.

Do yourself a favor and AVOID JT OUTFITTERS at all costs!

Guess I'll add my JT Outfitters story to the pile: Ordered a carb rebuild kit for a 72 F engine on a Monday. The next day, I get a confirmation email saying that "a shipping label for my item has been printed", and that it was going to be shipped via USPS priority 2nd day. Silly me, I assumed from that information that it would be shipped the next day. A week later - still no item, so I called them. I was told that the item was out of stock, and it would be "about a week" before they would have any more.

So, they charged my credit card, and printed a shipping label for my carb kit, all without mentioning even once the fact they didn't have one in stock.

I cancelled the order and called CruiserParts.net. That's my first and last order from JT Outfitters.

Top Bottom