Joe Rogan's FZJ80 build by Jonathan Ward (ICON) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don't like J Ward's aesthetic choices on most of his builds, but cool to see nonetheless as a Joe Rogan and 80 series fan!

Was just watching this. Agree that I don't love a lot of stuff Ward does, would be so amazing to have a basically showroom brand new 80 series. Wish he had left the 1FZ though and just turbo'd it.

Meh.
:meh:

I think it looks awesome. Jonathan Ward will build you a cruiser and actually care about what goes into it. He does not skimp on quality and craftsmanship and builds rigs to the best of his ability and enjoys doing so and has made profit doing it. Those are tough boxes to check. He did a nice job as usual.

I would buy it if I had the money, which I never will. Incredible build.

No biggie, I am still driving the same rig, even with that stinky ol' Toyota motor in it. Prolly smells like a turtle tank in comparison to that white hot American steel.

I am just dumb enough to keep it running as long as they will let me drive it. ;)

I would buy it if I had the money, which I never will. Incredible build.

No biggie, I am still driving the same rig, even with that stinky ol' Toyota motor in it. Prolly smells like a turtle tank in comparison to that white hot American steel.

I am just dumb enough to keep it running as long as they will let me drive it. ;)

And the 1FZ is just dumb enough to allow itself to keep running in even the most ridiculous of situations. Thats what makes it so great!

I want the seats.

But no armrests? How's that possible? That's one of the biggest sore thumbs about the stock interior. They spent six figures on this rig and it doesn't have armrests? And the stock center console is still in place and still stinks. The color? Meh.
The rest is pretty sweet obviously. I'd love to have the V8 and the entire refresh on the whole truck. It's pretty incredible.
So, yeah, I'd trade trucks with Joe if he called me up tomorrow.

More like he spent six figures on a truck with ricer headlights. Looks like trash...

Everything else is nice though

I love the clean-up work, down to the bare frame, they did. Along the engine and suspension fronts, I'd have them refresh it up OEM where possible, take some parts off Icon's top shelf (the other Icon), and add Joey's turbo kit whenever it comes out.

I'd challenge ICON to throw on a set of 40s, widen the body via flares and strengthen whatever needs to be beefed up to make it ride Toyota factory nice.

Essentially, I'd ask Mr. Ward to build me a Toyota Artic Truck made for US roads.

Last edited:
But no armrests? How's that possible? That's one of the biggest sore thumbs about the stock interior. They spent six figures on this rig and it doesn't have armrests? And the stock center console is still in place and still stinks. The color? Meh.
The rest is pretty sweet obviously. I'd love to have the V8 and the entire refresh on the whole truck. It's pretty incredible.
So, yeah, I'd trade trucks with Joe if he called me up tomorrow.

I think it's an ode to the time that the 80 was developed and that Mr. T and pretty much the whole of Japan decided that the front passengers should not have arm rests and that they should also prepare for square cupholders. The purist would point out that they were well aware that the technology for armrests existed and you can see that because they put f-ing armrests built into the seat, no less, in the second row.

They knew something and they wanted us to have it that way for a reason.

I just roll with it. Lotta ways to prop an arm available and I am not above building up a pile for a decent rest on long drives for when my knee driving gets sketchy. Way of the road, I suppose...

I asked about the headlights on instagram, they were a customer choice FWIW.

It's only money... I'll get my Monopoly game out.

3000 shop hours! Wonder what their shop rate is? Beautiful truck! If I had Rogan's type of money I'd tell em to shove a supercharged 5.7 in that truck...don't care...make it happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom