JDM Landcruiser 100 OEM Brakes and Rotor replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Folks

New to the gang and have a brake question. Recent purchased a 98 Land Cruiser 100 from Japan and looking to change the rotors and pads. I’m stateside (New England) and the Toyota Dealer mentioned they can’t find the vin and therefore they cannot change the brakes. They also mentioned they need to check with Toyota to see which brake pads and rotors to put on.

Question- Does anyone know if we can use OEM brake pads and rotors for Land Cruiser 100 despite the vehicle being a Japanese or American version?

Thanks!

There's no American version, all LC's were made in Japan. Only difference with yours is RHD and maybe some options. If they use parts for a 98 they'll be fine.
That’s what I assumed and told the dealer but they were a little hesitant to order since I was RHD and don’t have a “VIN”.

Solution
You'll likely want the front shim kit, for 98-02. The piston's size increased in 2003 north American models, likely same in JDM.. They'll know, if shims clips fit piston properly.

That’s what I assumed and told the dealer but they were a little hesitant to order since I was RHD and don’t have a “VIN”.
You'll likely want the front shim kit, for 98-02. The piston's size increased in 2003 north American models, likely same in JDM.. They'll know, if shims clips fit piston properly.
Thanks you. Can this get purchased thru Toyota or do I have to get these elsewhere?

All parts are same for same year . Best is to enter the chassis number at partsouq.com and then locate the part number of the item you are looking for. If the price is right with shipping from partsouq.com, get it from them as they ship in 4 days to me from Dubai (via Fedex). If you find it cheaper in the US, get it from here. That's how I buy parts for our Hilux.

I did the brakes and front bearings on my JDM 04 LC last spring and I went on partsouq to get the parts numbers. I ended up ordering from impex because the cost was substantially cheaper than the dealer.
I usually look up the part number there for whatever I am ordering and check with the dealer first. Most parts are the same number.

But yes, welcome to the JDM world. Many places will shy away from you or be hesitant to give you quotes because of the 15 digit VIN.
That goes for alignments, body shops, electronics stores etc.

I am fortunate that there’s an off-road Toyota speciality shop here in Calgary that will work on it, if need be.

All parts are same for same year . Best is to enter the chassis number at partsouq.com and then locate the part number of the item you are looking for. If the price is right with shipping from partsouq.com, get it from them as they ship in 4 days to me from Dubai (via Fedex). If you find it cheaper in the US, get it from here. That's how I buy parts for our Hilux.
Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom