Replacement keys for JDM 100 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve done a lot of googling in english and japanese (using google translate) and I can’t find a source for transmitter/transponder keys like the one that came with my vehicle. Plenty of 3 buttons, none with one. So the question is does anyone know a source for them , or if the three button keys can be used with a 1998 HDJ101K? Edit: Partsouk has zero available and seraching the part number doesn’t find anything useful on google or ebay.
2D038802-36CF-4539-BD8D-5117564EA135.jpeg

Try partsouq.com. Enter your chassis/frame/VIN number and search the part diagrams. I placed an order from them on 11/27 and it s geting delivered to me today!

Falling in love with the key.... https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/africa-build-2-0.1267711/post-14127299

Losing the key...Africa Build 2.0 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/africa-build-2-0.1267711/post-14391611

Being reunited with the key...Africa Build 2.0 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/africa-build-2-0.1267711/post-14495428

Sorry I don't have the answer you're looking for, but I do understand why you're asking! I don't think a three button will work, for two reasons.

First, the single button sends out only one signal, kind of like a "do something!" signal and that's it. If the truck is locked, it will unlock, if it is unlocked it will lock. The three button would have three distinct signals, for "lock" "unlock" and "alarm."

Also, the frequency of the single button JDM key is apparently quite different from other fobs, according to my locksmith.

The single button Lexus key I bought feels great in my hand and starts the truck no problem, but I needed to get a universal fob that hangs off the key ring for keyless entry duties.

After some more research, it is very unlikely a non jdm key will work. While Japan uses the same frequency as NA the encoding is different. In Japan they use frequency shift keying vice amplitude shift keying in NA.

His post says he tried partssouq. I tried a variety of google searches - JDM Toyota single button key, found a few different styles.

View attachment 3496429
Unfortunately that’s all I’ve found as well, the key blade is the wrong style.

This probably doesn’t help at all, but that looks kind of like the keys for my 89 & 91 Lexus LS400.

My understanding is JDM keys use a different encoding from NA.

Since the JDM keys seem to be made of unobtainium.

I’d be wondering what little black box in the vehicle is responsible for the immobilizer encoding/decoding and/or remote function, and if swapped for a US market version, would that allow US market keys.

Are you just looking for a spare? Or has your JDM fob fell apart?

As when my separate JDM fob fell apart (the key appears to be just mechanical), I just took the insides out and fitted it into a 3 button key, and grinded the blank key off, to make a new fob.

Are you just looking for a spare? Or has your JDM fob fell apart?

As when my separate JDM fob fell apart (the key appears to be just mechanical), I just took the insides out and fitted it into a 3 button key, and grinded the blank key off, to make a new fob.
I was looking for more JDM wireless keys. I have two non wireless. They all technically have a cryptographic chip in them to disable the immobilizer and allow the ECU to run AFAIK.

I was looking for more JDM wireless keys. I have two non wireless. They all technically have a cryptographic chip in them to disable the immobilizer and allow the ECU to run AFAIK.
Any luck? I “may” have lost my only key (I was only given one when I got the rig) and am trying to figure out what route I’m going to have to take. 😭😭

the guy who reprogrammed mine, did so by taking the driver lock code and programming a blank. The Wireless transmit he had a bit more trouble getting working, but managed in the end - it was a generic wireless locking key with fold-out that I have seen many times before, but with the Toyota key blade.

the guy who reprogrammed mine, did so by taking the driver lock code and programming a blank. The Wireless transmit he had a bit more trouble getting working, but managed in the end - it was a generic wireless locking key with fold-out that I have seen many times before, but with the Toyota key blade.
A generic fob would have the ability to do both FSK and ASK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom