Back in the Landcruiser world (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a few years away and desperately missing my FZJ80, today I got back into the iH8Mud world with a new-to-me JDM import 100 series. It's a 1998, brought over earlier this year from a guy who imports vehicles from Japan as a side hustle. I had just started looking for a gen-1 Tundra access cab but stumbled across this vehicle on our local Craigslist. I have always wanted an RHD vehicle and of all the 30+ vehicles I've owned in my life, the "one that got away" was my 'Cruiser.

After a chat with the missus, I called the seller. Super good guy, and this was the 14th JDM vehicle he's brought into the states and sold. Looked at the vehicle and drove it yesterday, and did the deed this morning.

It's remarkably clean for a 25-year-old vehicle. I built my 80 up as a serious trail rig. The 80 was extremely competent but it didn't take long before the bumps and bruises of Colorado and Utah trails took their toll on the cosmetics. It was a load of fun, and an expensive journey. My plan with the hundo is keep it in excellent mechanical condition, enjoy its competency the way Mr. Toyota intended, and use it when my other car is hiding from the nastiest winter days. The LC looks/feels like it needs a brake flush/bleed and the AHC suspension fluid refreshed. I got the Toyota AHC suspension at the local stealership today and plan to get the LC up on the rack this weekend, time permitting before the Xmas festivities.

Here are a few photos of the new rig:

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 4.58.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 4.58.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 4.58.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 4.58.55 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 4.59.01 PM.png

Congrats! Looks to be in awesome shape.

Amazing condition. Congratulations and welcome back. I’m here in Tokyo now and will be in Okinawa for the whole duration of the holidays and I haven’t seen a 100 yet. Lots of 300s, 150s and 120s but not a 100 in sight ‘yet’.

She’s a beaut Clark.

Welcome back.

besides being a keeper, the right hand drive feature, I'm guessing, is an excellent theft deterent:barefoot:
I wouldn't be surprised. And the sports cars are both manual 6-speeds so I figure our insurance should go down!

The question some are wondering... is there oem cloth under there? Nice find!

The question some are wondering... is there oem cloth under there? Nice find!
There is indeed. I do plan to pull the seat covers to check the condition of the cloth but I'm tempted to keep the covers on long-term. They're surprisingly high quality leather(-ette) and assuming the cloth is in nice shape, the covers will help keep the cloth nice from muddy paws of my frequent navigator.

Looks amazing. I have seen a lot of overseas trucks with chrome door handles and inserts, they look too flashy for a 100 series in general, but seems to stand out even more on a black one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom