Problems with my 2000 Landcruiser 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I'm new here but I have a 2000 land cruiser & I bought it not too long ago. I've noticed that sometimes when I drive and come to a full stop. Right when I'm about to drive again, my wheels will lock up & Active Traction control will show up on my display & delay my acceleration. Sometimes when ABS lights comes up it doesn't lock my wheels. Sometimes a beeping or squeaking sound could be heard in the car if parked & doors open. I took my car to Toyota service & they told me it was the E brake that was dragging my wheels so they disabled it. Still had the same issues with it locking my wheels up when about to drive. What's the actual problem here before I start fixing it?

The ebrake and ABS light are not related in any way. I’m not sure how they “disabled” the ebrake. It’s possible it’s causing problems if there are broken parts in the drums. You need to pull the rear drums and inspect.

It's possible that the brake pedal plunger is sticking in the master cylinder. Has the brake fluid been regularly serviced? Is the fluid clear or dark colored?

It's possible that the brake pedal plunger is sticking in the master cylinder. Has the brake fluid n regularly serviced? Is the fluid clear or dark colored?
I forgot what color it was but when I replaced new calipers & drum kit, we did do some bleeding. Still has the problem though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom