Builds "JAWS" - My new 1983 Toyota Pickup 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mudders!

Just picked up "JAWS", the Great White 1983 Toyota Pickup, and I couldn't be happier! It was custom ordered in Alaska by the original owner as a Truck-bed Camper Hauler. Spent its first 31-years and 56k miles with the original owner in Alaska before being sold to a guy in Springfield Missouri in mid-2016. They replaced all fluids and did a number of maintenance repairs/replacements including a new carb, brakes, brake master cylinder, sparks, plugs, cap/rotor. Then sold it to an AWESOME classic Toyota 4x4 collector near Tulsa, OK in early 2017, whom I bought it from.

Info/Specs -
  • 1983 Toyota Pickup
  • 4x4
  • 5-speed
  • 62,832 original documented miles
  • 22r
  • Non-A/C model
  • Custom ordered from dealer in Alaska as a truck-bed camper hauler
  • - Dual shocks in front
  • - Additional Horizontal Shocks above leaf springs in rear
  • - Rear airbags with external filler valve stems in the rear bumper under tailgate
  • - Additional fuel tank
  • - Anchor plates installed into the truck-bed sides
  • Dealer added upgrades -
    • "Digital clock/stopwatch" installed on the passenger pillar behind seat
    • Full length cab visor (not shown in these photos, but I still have it)
    • Running boards (Not my favorite thing)
  • Original owner wanted custom pinstripe work done, so there are hints of it around the vehicle
  • Bed seems to have been painted a couple times (unfortunately, they painted OVER the OEM vinyl decals :bang:)
  • Cab, fenders, and hood seem to be original paint
  • Rusted areas -
    • Small patch of rust on firewall near VIN Plate
    • On the underside of the hood along the front
    • Surface corrosion on pretty much everything underneath
    • Bed is rusting in common areas but nothing is fully rotted through yet (yet. yet. yet. #nebraska)

Looking forward to putting some TLC into this guy and will definitely be reaching out for advice from time-to-time haha.
IMG_6930.jpeg
IMG_6931.jpeg
IMG_6932.jpeg
IMG_6935.png
IMG_6941.png

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Nice truck. Score!!!!!!!!! I don't think I've seen one that clean since my 1982 in 1984.

Snip
  • Custom ordered from dealer in Alaska as a truck-bed camper hauler
  • - Dual shocks in front
  • - Additional Horizontal Shocks above leaf springs in rear
  • - Rear airbags with external filler valve stems in the rear bumper under tailgate
Congratulations!:clap:
Must ride like a Cadillac :eek: :flipoff2:

Congratulations!:clap:
Must ride like a Cadillac :eek: :flipoff2:

My fiance went on a cruise with me the day I brought it home and she made me take her back home after 5min because she got carsick :doh:

It rides like something out of a carnival hahah

Nice truck I love how clean it is. Pretty sure I'd be underneath that thing already removing ballast like those running boards and all those extra suspension bits. Good score!

Nice truck I love how clean it is. Pretty sure I'd be underneath that thing already removing ballast like those running boards and all those extra suspension bits. Good score!

They're already for sale! :rofl:

I'm getting rid of the huge front and rear bumpers and the running-boards. So if you know anyone interested, let me know!

They're already for sale! :rofl:

I'm getting rid of the huge front and rear bumpers and the running-boards. So if you know anyone interested, let me know!

o_O:rofl::lol:

My fiance went on a cruise with me the day I brought it home and she made me take her back home after 5min because she got carsick :doh:

It rides like something out of a carnival hahah

Funny, my wife got car sick in my 82.

Very nice!

It is not too often you see one of these trucks with a mostly untouched interior and engine bay!

Oh, and I am NOT interested in the running boards.... sorry! ;)

:wrench:

Very nice!

It is not too often you see one of these trucks with a mostly untouched interior and engine bay!

Oh, and I am NOT interested in the running boards.... sorry! ;)

:wrench:

Yeah I can't believe it hasn't been molested! (other than by the dealer hahah)

Is that an 8-track player or cassette deck? Would you send of pictures? Also would love to see how they had the suspension set up - cool truck for sure

Is that an 8-track player or cassette deck? Would you send of pictures? Also would love to see how they had the suspension set up - cool truck for sure

I can definitely take more photos!

Unfortunately not an 8-Track, but it still does look pretty cool haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom