J Springs and 33s

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
 
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
7,011
Location
Forest Grove, OR
Okay, I tried to search this out, but the only pics I could find didn't show me what I needed to see. I would appriciate it if someone could post a pic of an 80 on J springs and 33s. It would be great if they still had stock bumpers. (I'm planning on building bumpers, but with no winch or tire carrier.) Basically, I want to stick with my 33s for gearing issues (If I'm going to re-gear, it will be for 37's), but I really only want to do this once. Any help will be appriciated.
 
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
535
Location
Reno, NV
LR_RESQ said:
Basically, I want to stick with my 33s for gearing issues (If I'm going to re-gear, it will be for 37's), but I really only want to do this once.
If you only want to do it once why not just wait until you regear and put on the 37s to add the lift also? The 33s will fit without a lift, not look as goofy, and provide you with slightly better mileage for the time being.
 

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
 
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
7,011
Location
Forest Grove, OR
That's what I have now, but the body damage that I am getting from sitting so low is unnerving. That and I will have sliders, bumpers, etc on soon and need to be able to support the weight.
 

sethro

 
Joined
Oct 28, 2004
Messages
178
Location
Sonoma,CA
here's mine-

93 w/ J's, slee caster plates, mr.gasket 1" spacers up front, and BFG AT 285's (33's). Pics are old, from when I first put the lift on. I've got sliders on it now, but still run w/ the stock bumpers. Homemade front and rear bumpers are the next project.
Just did Rubicon this last weekend on my 33's. Thanks to good spotters, got through pretty much unscathed.

I think that 80's look great with 35's, but this is my daily driver and I just don't want to deal with regearing right now.

cool,

seth
P1010049.jpg
P1010050.jpg
P1010051.jpg
 

e9999

You want to do what...?
Moderator
 
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
16,757
Location
US
if you want to see what different lifts look like with 33s, check my thread on "various lift/tire pictures" or something like that...
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
1,099
Location
Philippines
The only lift that suits the 33's to my eye is a 2" lift. If you eventually plan on 37's you would need a 6" lift minimum to accomodate them and that would look downright silly with 33's.

Might be better to hold back until you're ready to do it all.


Kalawang
 

Land Speeder

InstaH8R
 
 
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
12,311
Location
Valley of the Heroes
sethro said:
Just did Rubicon this last weekend on my 33's. Thanks to good spotters, got through pretty much unscathed.

seth
You can do the Rubicon with 33 AT's? I thought it was a harder trail than that. Of course LC's make everything easy :)
 

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
 
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
7,011
Location
Forest Grove, OR
Kalawang said:
The only lift that suits the 33's to my eye is a 2" lift. If you eventually plan on 37's you would need a 6" lift minimum to accomodate them and that would look downright silly with 33's.

Might be better to hold back until you're ready to do it all.

Kalawang
I realize what I will need for 37". My arguement is if I get J's I could follow in ClownMidgets footsteps and get 37"s under their with a body lift and spacers. It just gives me more options. I suppose I shouldn't be stressing about this too much. I guess it doesn't matter if I buy Heavies or J's, I could sell them at any time... :idea:
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
1,099
Location
Philippines
LR_RESQ said:
I realize what I will need for 37". My arguement is if I get J's I could follow in ClownMidgets footsteps and get 37"s under their with a body lift and spacers. It just gives me more options. I suppose I shouldn't be stressing about this too much. I guess it doesn't matter if I buy Heavies or J's, I could sell them at any time... :idea:

No need to follow clownmidget's trail. You also have the option of installing ring spacers and the 33's. Ring spacers are cheap enough to toss when you're ready to go the whole nine yards.


Kalawang
 
Top Bottom