J Springs and 33s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CreeperSleeper

Cascade Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
Okay, I tried to search this out, but the only pics I could find didn't show me what I needed to see. I would appriciate it if someone could post a pic of an 80 on J springs and 33s. It would be great if they still had stock bumpers. (I'm planning on building bumpers, but with no winch or tire carrier.) Basically, I want to stick with my 33s for gearing issues (If I'm going to re-gear, it will be for 37's), but I really only want to do this once. Any help will be appriciated.

LR_RESQ said:
Basically, I want to stick with my 33s for gearing issues (If I'm going to re-gear, it will be for 37's), but I really only want to do this once.

If you only want to do it once why not just wait until you regear and put on the 37s to add the lift also? The 33s will fit without a lift, not look as goofy, and provide you with slightly better mileage for the time being.

here's mine-

93 w/ J's, slee caster plates, mr.gasket 1" spacers up front, and BFG AT 285's (33's). Pics are old, from when I first put the lift on. I've got sliders on it now, but still run w/ the stock bumpers. Homemade front and rear bumpers are the next project.
Just did Rubicon this last weekend on my 33's. Thanks to good spotters, got through pretty much unscathed.

I think that 80's look great with 35's, but this is my daily driver and I just don't want to deal with regearing right now.

cool,

seth
P1010049.jpg
P1010050.jpg
P1010051.jpg

if you want to see what different lifts look like with 33s, check my thread on "various lift/tire pictures" or something like that...

The only lift that suits the 33's to my eye is a 2" lift. If you eventually plan on 37's you would need a 6" lift minimum to accomodate them and that would look downright silly with 33's.

Might be better to hold back until you're ready to do it all.

Kalawang

sethro said:
Just did Rubicon this last weekend on my 33's. Thanks to good spotters, got through pretty much unscathed.

seth

You can do the Rubicon with 33 AT's? I thought it was a harder trail than that. Of course LC's make everything easy :)

Kalawang said:
The only lift that suits the 33's to my eye is a 2" lift. If you eventually plan on 37's you would need a 6" lift minimum to accomodate them and that would look downright silly with 33's.

Might be better to hold back until you're ready to do it all.

Kalawang

I realize what I will need for 37". My arguement is if I get J's I could follow in ClownMidgets footsteps and get 37"s under their with a body lift and spacers. It just gives me more options. I suppose I shouldn't be stressing about this too much. I guess it doesn't matter if I buy Heavies or J's, I could sell them at any time... :idea:

CruisinGA said:
Buy J's.

I was happy with heavys for all of 2 months. :D

Wow, I had mine on for 5 months, thought that was bad! :D

LR_RESQ said:
I realize what I will need for 37". My arguement is if I get J's I could follow in ClownMidgets footsteps and get 37"s under their with a body lift and spacers. It just gives me more options. I suppose I shouldn't be stressing about this too much. I guess it doesn't matter if I buy Heavies or J's, I could sell them at any time... :idea:

No need to follow clownmidget's trail. You also have the option of installing ring spacers and the 33's. Ring spacers are cheap enough to toss when you're ready to go the whole nine yards.

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom