Pics of various lift/tire combos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
OK, I'm posting below pics of my rig with various lifts. These are physically achieved and measured, not just photoshopped.
Was curious what it would look like and since folks often ask about this, I thought I'd post it.
This is a stock truck, no AM bumpers, or sliders.
Empty except for rear seats, no middle seat, 3/4 full tank.
Tires are 285/75 or 33".

stock (20" from hub center to flare lip in front, 20 1/4" in back)
stock low.jpg

2.5" over stock
25 low.jpg

3.5" over stock
35 low.jpg

5" over stock
50 low.jpg

5" looks a little too much, esthetically speaking, with these 33s, I think.

Interesting idea ..

Can you do it again without the camera phone? ;p

TY

e9999 said:
5" looks a little too much, esthetically speaking, with these 33s, I think.

The lift that you get will depend on the weight of the truck. The OME springs are approximately 250lb per inch, so you load 500lb of gear in the back it will lower the rear about one inch, 1000lb evenly over the truck will lower it about one inch.

Rob's blue '97 with Js, 1.25" front spacers and 315s and mine with Js, 1.5" front spacers and 295s.

6-25-2005_9.jpg

alkaline747trio said:
How did you achieve that 5" over stock?

I was just assuming he was jacking up the truck in intervals

TY

e9999- nice post, but I have to agree with Tyler on this one...the first pic is great, but the next three are so blurry that they aren't worth much, esp. considering the time you probably spent jacking it up and taking these pics. Do you have anything clearer?

Last edited:
same camera, don't know what happened.
I was just after the basic effect, that at least it shows.
May do it again if enough folks are asking. Or -better- somebody else does it with 31" or 35" and post here

if anybody else cares to use the same approach and post here, maybe we could use this thread as a database of sorts to show folks later what things look like with different lifts...

Although I'd agree that it's kinda cool to see what a rig looks like with certain lifts...

isn't the point of the lift, not kewl a rig looks, but performance and to allow for larger tires to be stuffed in the wheel well?

NorCalDoug said:
Although I'd agree that it's kinda cool to see what a rig looks like with certain lifts...

isn't the point of the lift, not kewl a rig looks, but performance and to allow for larger tires to be stuffed in the wheel well?

Well when you're trying to imagine your ride height it will help to get a visual.

And um yes that's the point, but not everyone lifts a truck to actually wheel it, sad but true.

NorCalDoug said:

very true, although you'd never know that by perusing this site... :D

seriously, it does help if one does not get stomach cramps every time you look at your truck, esthetics and all you know, don't you think? :)

yeah, I understand the point...and I apologize if I threw cold water on the discussion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom