Is anybody still interested in a center console? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just got mine, so planning more in the future, but my quicky solution was:
- Marine carpet lining the bottom
- Cut up some "Bucket Boss" five gallon bucket organizers and attached various panels to inside perimeter using 2" heavy duty Velcro
- Blackhawk pen organizer to underside of lid with Velcro
- Home-made kydex sleeve for fire extinguisher and flashlight holder attached to outside
wow. nice job! thanks for the pics as inspiration.

Thought I would contribute to this thread also. I have been running a Delta center console and shift console for a couple years now and its literally my favorite and most used modification to my truck.

I have my ham radio base unit and a dual zone 12 circuit fuse panel mounted to the inside passenger wall. The driver side wall has a sidearm mount and the drop down tray is perfectly sized to hold a wits end APU.

DSC01401.JPG
DSC01402.JPG

Hold up!!! Is that something else I can buy from wits end? 🤯 it never stops 😉. Looks like I’ll be making another order today.

i need to get that drop down tray and top cover! looks great. did you bolt that down or velcro?

i've been holding off running electrical into the console over concerns about being able to remove the console "easily". i've had it off/on 3x this month adjusting the parking brake cable tension (annual inspection).

what's the best way to drill holes? Unibit?
and same question for the front shift console; opening up a hole for switches looks even more daunting (i have the plain no holes cover)

i need to get that drop down tray and top cover! looks great. did you bolt that down or velcro?

i've been holding off running electrical into the console over concerns about being able to remove the console "easily". i've had it off/on 3x this month adjusting the parking brake cable tension (annual inspection).

what's the best way to drill holes? Unibit?
and same question for the front shift console; opening up a hole for switches looks even more daunting (i have the plain no holes cover)
The cover is an option that Delta has, you don’t need to figure out how to attach it as it come pre-made with stainless rods that slide through the fabric ends and then attach to the underside of the side/drop down tray mechanism.

I found that a step but drill is the best way to drill holes for running cables. I would recommend getting some good harness connectors that have enough pins to runn all your planned wiring through. You can also use Anderson connectors for the larger cables. This will allow you to wire everything up and still make the console removable. I think Dave @Delta VS did a really nice job when he wired up his console.

For the shift console, there are a whole bunch of precut panels to suit different combinations of switches, guages, switchpro etc. have you figure out what you want to install on that panel yet? If it were me, I would be inclined to just get one of the panels that matches what you plan to install.

I found that a step but drill is the best way to drill holes for running cables. I would recommend getting some good harness connectors that have enough pins to runn all your planned wiring through. You can also use Anderson connectors for the larger cables. This will allow you to wire everything up and still make the console removable. I think Dave @Delta VS did a really nice job when he wired up his console.

For the shift console, there are a whole bunch of precut panels to suit different combinations of switches, guages, switchpro etc. have you figure out what you want to install on that panel yet? If it were me, I would be inclined to just get one of the panels that matches what you plan to install.
my truck is very stock right now so i don't have any accessories needing power. while my initial needs of a mobile GMRS and more 12V and USB (5V) outlets don't require much in the way of power, i want to do it cleanly the first time. learned that lesson hard with previous vehicles. i don't expect to need a quarter panel full of electrical equipment, but i did see someone with a power extension from the console to the rear quarter and that seemed like a great upgrade path.

you're probably right about the shift console cover. i don't have an exact plan for gauges or switches, but when one solidifies i'll look into a "trade" as i saw them reference once.

my truck is very stock right now so i don't have any accessories needing power. while my initial needs of a mobile GMRS and more 12V and USB (5V) outlets don't require much in the way of power, i want to do it cleanly the first time. learned that lesson hard with previous vehicles. i don't expect to need a quarter panel full of electrical equipment, but i did see someone with a power extension from the console to the rear quarter and that seemed like a great upgrade path.

you're probably right about the shift console cover. i don't have an exact plan for gauges or switches, but when one solidifies i'll look into a "trade" as i saw them reference once.
At most, you will have is a 12 circuit fuse panel inside the console most likely. You can ground those circuits through the mounting bold of the console, and then run the hot lines to where ever they need to go. Even if you don’t yet know what your plans are for those circuits you could simply add two 6 pin connectors wired into a fuse panel, and then just add wiring to the other side of the connector outside of the console as and when you need them…basically pre-wire 12 hot lines through a hood quality connector(a)

You never know what you'll add later. Setting up a dual zone fuse panel inside so you can have "always on" direct to battery circuits and "ignition on" circuits is super helpful. Building it like the attached pics makes it so you can easily disconnect it in the future (need to change carpet or add sound deadening, no problems), both the main powers in and out, ground, and all the circuit wires.

Finished product, installed and all 12 circuits wired up, but only a few in use. Power comes into the center console to the fuse panel, then continues back out the console to the rear QPM.

IMG_2735.jpeg

These are the connectors for power and ground in and out of the console. Having to fish wires through when removing the console for doing things like carpet or whatever is a HUGE pain. A little extra work up front makes it a pleasure to remove it (and keeps the annoyance of removing it from putting a needed job off for another day).

IMG_2730.jpeg

This is where all 12 circuit wires come out of the console to a single connector, same as the power and ground. Just need to unplug this and the red and grey connectors and you can lift console out. Very handy.

IMG_2704.jpeg

Excuse the mid-job-mess, but you can see what plugs into the connector in previous pic here. This is just a bundle of long wires that will go anywhere in the vehicle and are ready to add any accessory. Since each wire is a different color (and there are 3 different wire gages for different needs), you just pull appropriate wire to new accessory, then add a fuse to that circuit on the fuse panel and you're done.

IMG_2706.jpeg

I gotta chime in. Everything @Delta VS is amazing. From opening the packaging, installing it and using it everything is so well thought out.

I just have to say the center and shifter consoles have been game changers. Being able to lock things up in a solid center console along with my back Bay customs rear tailgate storage really frees up a lot of space. I also really like the size and depth of the center console as an armrest honestly it makes long drives and the cab so much more functional.

Cup holders, Holly cow I didn't realize how much my family of four and myself missed cup holders.

Like I said I dig all my Delta stuff but this center console set up for daily use has been an absolute game changer and I don't even have mine set up right yet, still deciding what I want to do.

Screenshot_20211205-082052.png

Screenshot_20211205-082410.png

What's the best way to order multiple faceplates for the Delta console? I am thinking one blank, one for several carling switches, and the #8 on your diagram. Can I email you guys to receive an additional invoice for the extra faceplates? Site only allows one design to be ordered with the purchase of a console. Thanks

Also, how do you recommend mounting Baja Designs switches that come with their lights? I ordered the harness for my onx6 lights for your roof rack and I have a set of LP6s on order which I assume also have a similar switch(es) to the high-low ONX6 lights. Is there a faceplate specifically cut for those type of switches or do you get the blank faceplate and modify it yourself?

I went with the two gauge option, 3 Carling switches I also planned to order a blank.

I've considered doing the @NLXTACY Wits End outlet pipe coolant temperature. However, I eventually planned to build a new motor and I would like to have boost and maybe outlet water temperature.

I have seen others with turbos and superchargers do all kinds of different gauges depending on what they feel is necessary.

I don't remember how much the blanks are but they're not expensive so at the end of the day order what you think you need and a blank.

Screenshot_20211205-075635.png

Screenshot_20211211-110913.png

Screenshot_20211212-150532.png

What's the best way to order multiple faceplates for the Delta console? I am thinking one blank, one for several carling switches, and the #8 on your diagram. Can I email you guys to receive an additional invoice for the extra faceplates? Site only allows one design to be ordered with the purchase of a console. Thanks

Also, how do you recommend mounting Baja Designs switches that come with their lights? I ordered the harness for my onx6 lights for your roof rack and I have a set of LP6s on order which I assume also have a similar switch(es) to the high-low ONX6 lights. Is there a faceplate specifically cut for those type of switches or do you get the blank faceplate and modify it yourself?
Just send an email to info@DeltaVS to order more. Will just send a PayPal invoice.

We don’t have anything that accommodates the BD harness switch, since we recommend using Switch-Pros for that kind of thing, or a carling type switch in one of the holes provided.

For those that have installed...Does this base plate stay in truck to mount Delta center console?

20211213_115847.jpg

I went with the two gauge option, 3 Carling switches I also planned to order a blank.

I've considered doing the @NLXTACY Wits End outlet pipe coolant temperature. However, I eventually planned to build a new motor and I would like to have boost and maybe outlet water temperature.

I have seen others with turbos and superchargers do all kinds of different gauges depending on what they feel is necessary.

I don't remember how much the blanks are but they're not expensive so at the end of the day order what you think you need and a blank.
For those that have installed...Does this base plate stay in truck to mount Delta center console?

View attachment 2864190
What year is your Land Cruiser my 1997 did not have a plate that I recall, it was all carpet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom