Is anybody still interested in a center console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Delta VS , have you been looking into an alternative for the Dometic cooler for the flat center plate? I've been checking for other options, but have yet to find something that is narrow enough to fit without modding the ebrake handle.

@Delta VS , have you been looking into an alternative for the Dometic cooler for the flat center plate? I've been checking for other options, but have yet to find something that is narrow enough to fit without modding the ebrake handle.
Kinda over putting a lot of time and effort into mounting other companies products, especially ones that seem to go through meaningless design updates. Fridges will always be getting updated to make them “new and improved”.

Kinda over putting a lot of time and effort into mounting other companies products, especially ones that seem to go through meaningless design updates. Fridges will always be getting updated to make them “new and improved”.

So when are you coming out with the Delta fridge console then? ;)

Might have asked this before, so apologies, but how does the rear of the console mount? My 80 doesn't have a factory-supplied rear mount on the floor but I'm sure I can fab something. This pic shows part of how I rigged up a custom bracket setup to use the disused middle front bench seat seatbelt attachment point.

There are two sets of captive nuts that I re-discovered when fitting the second part of the new tru-fit vinyl floor last week that may work. I don't know if they are meant to be where a rear center console mount bracket fits though I thought in the later build 80's the bracket was spot welded on.

The captive nuts in question are the ones that have the pair of button head stainless set screws in them blanking the holes off.

I've been exploring this and the Puneda one linked below physically fits in the area, but would probably need some adapting to the Delta base. The Dometic is 9.25" wide and Puneda 7.7". My concerns are the name brand/reliability, and I've read on the net that compressor coolers are the way to go and this one is thermoelectric. I'm not sure how important that is, but I'd hate to spend the time and money on this one and find out it doesn't work that well or last that long. Based on my measurements, I think 10-10.25" is the max width available to avoid the cooler rubbing on the passenger seat or the e-brake.

Amazon product ASIN B0BR28DPY8

I've been exploring this and the Puneda one linked below physically fits in the area, but would probably need some adapting to the Delta base. The Dometic is 9.25" wide and Puneda 7.7". My concerns are the name brand/reliability, and I've read on the net that compressor coolers are the way to go and this one is thermoelectric. I'm not sure how important that is, but I'd hate to spend the time and money on this one and find out it doesn't work that well or last that long. Based on my measurements, I think 10-10.25" is the max width available to avoid the cooler rubbing on the passenger seat or the e-brake.

Amazon product ASIN B0BR28DPY8

I think you would be very disappointed with this "cooler".

Title says "Cooler/Warmer 8 Quart (9L) Car Fridge Portable Freezer 41~149℉"

If the lowest temp is 41F degrees how can it be a freezer? For a freezer you would want to have something that can be closer to 0F degrees. As a "cooler" you need something that doesn't require the contents to be pre-cooled.

I think you would be very disappointed with this "cooler".

Title says "Cooler/Warmer 8 Quart (9L) Car Fridge Portable Freezer 41~149℉"

If the lowest temp is 41F degrees how can it be a freezer? For a freezer you would want to have something that can be closer to 0F degrees. As a "cooler" you need something that doesn't require the contents to be pre-cooled.

Cooler/warmer is not a fridge.

It uses a thermo peltier device to transfer heat.
There is no refrigeration in a "cooler "

View attachment 2939139
Here is mine installed, I may be the first adopter from the looks of it. All my wiring goes through the shifter console in to the base and then is distributed to the various USB ports and the refrigerator. So swapping it out would just take time clipping the fridge, then six bolts. One piece of feedback is I think the latches could use a little bit of reworking in their strength, the “arm” to the latch should probably be one piece. It would also be cool to have USB punch outs at the front of the cubby because there is space for it and that makes it more interchangeable with the center consul while retaining USB ports. Other than that nitpicky stuff I am super happy
This may be the only photo out there of the Dometic installed without the DVS console. Answers my question about how the cup holder matches up to the OEM center console. Anyone have more pics of the setup like this?

I use a regular cooler with good ol ice. My coolers of choice are Pelican. Freeze some of your food and use ice. Haven’t had an issue year with three days trips. Benefit of keep it simple… nothing breaks and you’re not using power to cool your fancy food and drinks 🤙

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom