Ironman 4x4 Suspension for 40/45 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Same to you sir, I did a lot of research as well and took me 3 months to learn those differences, so far ironman pro has the best to offer regarding multi-purpose function at a reasonable price, however I am a bit worried and sad for this shocks, it is so underrated and you are the first 40-45 series owner to use this FCP. Swear, everyday i am on google, YouTube or any other platforms and yet I haven't seen a single review of FCP for 40's. I am happy to see this sir, I appreciate it. by the way sir, your FCP has item number of Front=45635FE and REAR=45646FEC , and both eye-ring mount from top and bottom. am i right? if you have instagram sir please tell me so i can follow you :D THANKS!
Yes, eyelet at the top and bottom. They'll fit your 40 just like any other shock would. I had them all changed out in under 1/2 hour.

These are far better than your average Monroe shock, so they do cost more. Here are a couple videos that helped me understand the difference and decide to try them out.

While I can’t be sure, I think I have known about them longer than you. I became a distributor for Ironman around 2011 IIRC.
3F09AFF1-8722-44E9-ABB5-7C976F1F9DAD.jpeg

65swb45/ Mark and others
Seems like you have a good deal of experience with ironman. I have been looking at 2.5 lifts for my 1981 fj40 (and although popular compete kits) I have been leaning away from OME given the shorter spring length and relocation of axle forward in rear wheel well.

What has been your experience with ironman springs on fj40s

Last edited:
Had this discussion Evan, just a couple of weeks ago in this forum. I really believe the secret sauce is the shackle angle.View attachment 2837029
looks good Mark. relocated shackle hanger and/or longer springs? what springs are those - 40 ironmans?
been considering basing my next spring set on longer springs like 60 rears or relocating the shackle hangers for off the shelf 40 parts.

While I can’t be sure, I think I have known about them longer than you. I became a distributor for Ironman around 2011 IIRC. View attachment 2843293
That's great. No disrespect, I'm sure you know all about them and ironman has been around for a while. I could be wrong but after searching the forum and elsewhere I couldn't find anything about Ironman suspension on the 40 series. Have you posted about it before? The point of my post is to help others considering lift/suspension offerings for their 40 series as I know I would have very much appreciated any information before making the investment. Photos, performance, installation details, price etc. are all very useful.

Last edited:
Judemiks, The Foam Cell pro is an upgraded shock absorber. The girth of the shock is a good inch or so bigger than a standard gas charged shock. I was surprised and impressed with them, seem to be built very well. If you read up on them, the technology was developed for military use I believe. The idea is they won't overheat and lose performance with heavy use. When the truck is loaded down with people and gear it still handles very well. It's hard to say how much better they are than the gas charged shocks but I believe most people would agree they're better.

View attachment 2836349

View attachment 2836350
Hi there, can you show me the picture of your front mounting of your fcp specially the upper mount. I am really concerned about the clearance. I find that the fcp has a large girth. Did you change or modified some parts or just stayed in original ? Thanks.

Hi there, can you show me the picture of your front mounting of your fcp specially the upper mount. I am really concerned about the clearance. I find that the fcp has a large girth. Did you change or modified some parts or just stayed in original ? Thanks.
I have since sold this machine. THe shock fits fine in the shock tower, no problems whatsoever. I did have some slight rubbing on the steering arm and eventually swapped the FCP shock out for a regular FC shock that is smaller in diameter. Hope that helps.

I haven't had the chance to run them yet, but I've installed the Ironman springs and shocks on my '65 FJ45, the front FCP shock barely clears the drag link with a stock steering box by about 3mm. The rear shock has an offset lower mounting eyelet, helpful feature. The rear springs are pretty heavy, hoping they ride nice.
20220221_165734.jpg
20220215_151453.jpg
20220215_134056.jpg

I posted up SOMEWHERE on the forum about outboarding the lower shock pin a little closer to the knuckle ball to get the necessary clearance from the drag link.

25% off right now. Thinking about pulling the trigger. I run a lot of washboard roads around here, wondering if those foam cells are good for that?

Does anyone know if you can run just the Ironman shocks without any lift? Not sure I want to lift the 40. I’m sure it would look good but then I have to buy bigger tires…

Does anyone know if you can run just the Ironman shocks without any lift? Not sure I want to lift the 40. I’m sure it would look good but then I have to buy bigger tires…
I think they have different sized shocks. Good question for customer service, I've found the staff answering the phones over at Iron Man to be really good at getting answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom