Ironman 4x4 Suspension for 40/45 Series

FJ40 that green thing

FJ40 that green thing

1996 KZJ78 Prado
Same to you sir, I did a lot of research as well and took me 3 months to learn those differences, so far ironman pro has the best to offer regarding multi-purpose function at a reasonable price, however I am a bit worried and sad for this shocks, it is so underrated and you are the first 40-45 series owner to use this FCP. Swear, everyday i am on google, YouTube or any other platforms and yet I haven't seen a single review of FCP for 40's. I am happy to see this sir, I appreciate it. by the way sir, your FCP has item number of Front=45635FE and REAR=45646FEC , and both eye-ring mount from top and bottom. am i right? if you have instagram sir please tell me so i can follow you :D THANKS!
Yes, eyelet at the top and bottom. They'll fit your 40 just like any other shock would. I had them all changed out in under 1/2 hour.

65swb45

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
These are far better than your average Monroe shock, so they do cost more. Here are a couple videos that helped me understand the difference and decide to try them out.

While I can’t be sure, I think I have known about them longer than you. I became a distributor for Ironman around 2011 IIRC.
3F09AFF1 8722 44E9 ABB5 7C976F1F9DAD

dfclimber

dfclimber

65swb45/ Mark and others
Seems like you have a good deal of experience with ironman. I have been looking at 2.5 lifts for my 1981 fj40 (and although popular compete kits) I have been leaning away from OME given the shorter spring length and relocation of axle forward in rear wheel well.

What has been your experience with ironman springs on fj40s

Last edited:
BC40

BC40

Had this discussion Evan, just a couple of weeks ago in this forum. I really believe the secret sauce is the shackle angle.View attachment 2837029
looks good Mark. relocated shackle hanger and/or longer springs? what springs are those - 40 ironmans?
been considering basing my next spring set on longer springs like 60 rears or relocating the shackle hangers for off the shelf 40 parts.

FJ40 that green thing

FJ40 that green thing

1996 KZJ78 Prado
While I can’t be sure, I think I have known about them longer than you. I became a distributor for Ironman around 2011 IIRC. View attachment 2843293
That's great. No disrespect, I'm sure you know all about them and ironman has been around for a while. I could be wrong but after searching the forum and elsewhere I couldn't find anything about Ironman suspension on the 40 series. Have you posted about it before? The point of my post is to help others considering lift/suspension offerings for their 40 series as I know I would have very much appreciated any information before making the investment. Photos, performance, installation details, price etc. are all very useful.

Last edited: