Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome to the club Nate!

The guys will take good care of you on the run. Chucks 100 has made it out to a few runs and come hone unscathed.

Hey All! I just joined a few weeks behind my good friend @westwardCruiser (2 posts above). I'm the dude with the beard (and hat) on the left side of his pic above.

I own a 2004 SR5 v6 4Runner and recently picked up a 2005 Land Cruiser. I'm planning to join ya'll on the May run as well and looking forward to meeting some folks. I've spent some time up at Rausch as a passenger in the past with friends but am relatively new to anything more than mild off roading.

Last edited:
Hey all. My name is Ed and I live in North Wales, PA. I was at Rausch Creek this past weekend and was invited to the club. Glad to be an official member now!

I currently drive a 1998 4Runner Limited that I've owned since 2001.

I have driven Toyotas since my first 4x4 pickup in 1988.

img20190719_10595056.jpg

I later bought a 1994 extra cab. Both pickups are long gone but still fresh in my memory.

img20190719_10595058.jpg

In 2001, we needed a "family car". We found this beauty at a Toyota dealership in Dublin, Ohio when we lived in the area. It was fresh off a 3 year lease.

08260002.JPG

For 15 years it was our road trip car, grocery getter, etc. Along the way, we bought a couple of Prius' for my wife, and she now has a RAV4 Hybrid, which means the 4Runner became strictly my vehicle. The transformation began in 2016 with a 3 inch lift, 17 inch wheels and Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's.

A few years ago I met an avid overland geek at a local bar. He saw my 4Runner sitting outside. He was donating his used up 1999 to the local high school and offered to sell me his CBI bumper, Warn winch, Gobi ladder, WMW roof rack, and ARB snorkel. These accessories fell into my lap and I couldn't be happier.

20190105_115743.jpg

Even though she is 22 years old, I still am as careful with her as I was when I brought her home. That means I keep to the green trails and easy blues for now. I am sure that will change when it stops being my daily driver.

Looking forward to hanging out and doing some trail riding!

Last edited:
Hey all. My name is Ed Steinbauer and I live in North Wales, PA. I was at Rausch Creek this past weekend and was invited to the club. Glad to be an official member now!

View attachment 2033941

I later bought a 1994 extra cab. Both pickups are long gone but still fresh in my memory.

View attachment 2033943

In 2001, we needed a "family car". We found this beauty at a Toyota dealership in Dublin, Ohio when we lived in the area. It was fresh off a 3 year lease.

View attachment 2033950

For 15 years it was our road trip car, grocery getter, etc. Along the way, we bought a couple of Prius' for my wife, and she now has a RAV4 Hybrid, which means the 4Runner became strictly my vehicle. The transformation began in 2016 with a 3 inch lift, 17 inch wheels and Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's.

A few years ago I met an avid overland geek at a local bar. He saw my 4Runner sitting outside. He was donating his used up 1999 to the local high school and offered to sell me his CBI bumper, Warn winch, Gobi ladder, WMW roof rack, and ARB snorkel. These accessories fell into my lap and I couldn't be happier.

View attachment 2033953

Even though she is 22 years old, I still am as careful with her as I was when I brought her home. That means I keep to the green trails and easy blues for now. I am sure that will change when it stops being my daily driver.

Nice intro Ed! Again, welcome aboard.

Hi Ed. There may be a delay in getting your sticker and shirt out. I need to get the shirts and stickers back to @Crusha . He normally sends these out to members

Hey all. My name is Ed and I live in North Wales, PA. I was at Rausch Creek this past weekend and was invited to the club. Glad to be an official member now!

View attachment 2033941

View attachment 2033943

View attachment 2033950

View attachment 2033953

Ed,

Welcome. Quite an inpressive array of Toyotas! This group has great bunch of dudes and dudettes!

See you at the annual meet this year!

View attachment 2033941

View attachment 2033943

View attachment 2033950

View attachment 2033953

Welcome Ed! Great to see another 3rd Gen and one in Anthracite Metallic!
Hopefully will get to meet on the trails or at the annual meet!

Finally joined. I’m Sean and I live in Pittsburgh. Currently with a ‘99 factory locked LC. Currently it’s running with a 4x4 land rear, OME heavy springs in the back with the generic nitro charger shocks. I have OME torsion bars to add but my dissent front bumper is at powder right now so I’m going to throw those in when I install the bumper and reindex and then crank ‘em up to get a better rake. Right now it’s a little severe while I wait to install the front. Oh, I have metal tech sliders on as well. Future plans are for the 1” body lift I have sitting my garage, but I need to get a body mount welded up before I do that, it got a little rough
D2CB9976-8288-4BA2-8952-29051D411A55.jpeg

Finally joined. I’m Sean and I live in Pittsburgh. Currently with a ‘99 factory locked LC. Currently it’s running with a 4x4 land rear, OME heavy springs in the back with the generic nitro charger shocks. I have OME torsion bars to add but my dissent front bumper is at powder right now so I’m going to throw those in when I install the bumper and reindex and then crank ‘em up to get a better rake. Right now it’s a little severe while I wait to install the front. Oh, I have metal tech sliders on as well. Future plans are for the 1” body lift I have sitting my garage, but I need to get a body mount welded up before I do that, it got a little rough View attachment 2048554
Welcome aboard Sean, sounds like a solid rig.
There is camping available at our regular trail runs, hope to see you out there soon.

As I said in the email, there will be a delay in shipping your membership pack.

Hey all, my name is Pete and I'm currently living in Pottstown but born and bred in the Endless Mountains of Bradford County. My 13 year old son and I just picked up a 71 FJ40 for a frame off restore back to stock. I don't see much in the way of stump jumping in the future due to the restore. Looking forward to getting the boy out to some events soon! Sorry for the limited pics as the rig is still in transit from NEPA. Needless to say we have our work cut our for us!
Roman.jpg

Thanks guys. Brian you mind explaining the drive plates? I'm completely green to the land cruiser. The last restore was in the 90's on a 62 willys pickup! This thing has me scratching my head and I haven't even started the teardown!

Drive plates came from the factory on the cruisers through 1978 I believe; most dealers replaced them with Warn locking hubs. With the drive hubs your front wheels are engaged to the axles all the time.

Nice, thanks for the info. Sounds like more wear and tear but if that's stock its one less thing I need to change out! On the downside, I'm concerned it will kill the legendary mpg of the 40! ;)

@Crazybuckethead Welcome to the club! What part of Bradford country you from? I raised hell in the top part. Athens Pa now I live in VA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom