Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First post on this site. I have been lurking for several years hunting for an original FJ40, '75 or newer. With help from Overton, I purchased this mostly original '75 late last summer. Since then, I put on new front seat covers, had the fluids changed and added a 2.5" OME suspension. I am in the process of stripping the doors and sides, and I will repaint them and the top. I need to replace the rear sill and fix the rust on the front fenders. Hopefully, that will happen in the fall. After which, strip and paint, and then replace the front bumper with an OEM.
Greg

IMG_20190812_171442.jpg

IMG_20190903_174336.jpg

First post on this site. I have been lurking for several years hunting for an original FJ40, '75 or newer. With help from Overton, I purchased this mostly original '75 late last summer. Since then, I put on new front seat covers, had the fluids changed and added a 2.5" OME suspension. I am in the process of stripping the doors and sides, and I will repaint them and the top. I need to replace the rear sill and fix the rust on the front fenders. Hopefully, that will happen in the fall. After which, strip and paint, and then replace the front bumper with an OEM.
Greg

View attachment 2201860
View attachment 2201861
Sweet 40!

New member. We live on a farm near Reading, PA.

We purchased a 2000 100 series with 182,000 miles that had spent all its life in Santa Monica, CA.
The PO had driven it out to New York City to take up a new job but sold it after
finding out how expensive parking is there.
The chassis is rust free but there is some sun damage to the interior.
It is my wife’s truck but I have to do the maintenance.
I have a workshop with a lift so plan to do most of the work myself.

Very unlikely to take the 100 off road apart from doing work on the farm.
We‘ve joined because I figured that you guys know who are the best sources of
Land Cruiser parts & services in our area !

1583242074453.jpeg

1583242119629.jpeg

New member. We live on a farm near Reading, PA.

We purchased a 2000 100 series with 182,000 miles that had spent all its life in Santa Monica, CA.
The PO had driven it out to New York City to take up a new job but sold it after
finding out how expensive parking is there.
The chassis is rust free but there is some sun damage to the interior.
It is my wife’s truck but I have to do the maintenance.
I have a workshop with a lift so plan to do most of the work myself.

Very unlikely to take the 100 off road apart from doing work on the farm.
We‘ve joined because I figured that you guys know who are the best sources of
Land Cruiser parts & services in our area !

View attachment 2227697

View attachment 2227698
Welcome. You have found a extremely knowledgeable group!

Old/new guy I guess. I used to be around the wheeling scene for years and kind of walked away a few years ago. Started build a new buggy 2 years ago in my spare time, hoping to be out this summer.

My new rig, pretty close to tear down now.

on springs.jpg

My old rig some may remember from years ago.

AOAA.jpg

Old/new guy I guess. I used to be around the wheeling scene for years and kind of walked away a few years ago. Started build a new buggy 2 years ago in my spare time, hoping to be out this summer.

My new rig, pretty close to tear down now.

View attachment 2237807

My old rig some may remember from years ago.

View attachment 2237806
Wait a second, I know you. Is that Red in the background? Welcome back to the scene.

Yeah, that's Red back there. I'm actually still in touch with him and hang out once in awhile. I see you guys get out once a month, once I get finished up I'll see if I can get out.

@Colbrew2020 , I finally got your new member package in the mail. Sorry for the delay...

Ahhh, looks familiar now. A buddy at work and his wife did that (just double checked with him). From what he said, you would be better off coming with us on a green trail run. You are only an hour and a half from Raush Creek and it is a LOT cheaper and more fun! We can help you learn what you need to know.

Ahhh, looks familiar now. A buddy at work and his wife did that (just double checked with him). From what he said, you would be better off coming with us on a green trail run. You are only an hour and a half from Raush Creek and it is a LOT cheaper and more fun! We can help you learn what you need to know.
Thanks for the info Caz, I’m bringing two vehicles in case something happens but maybe I can have the fam go home on aug 2nd and I’ll head up your way for a detour home. We will be staying at the resort for the week do kinda committed to getting screwed over financially

Hi Everyone. Not new to the forum, but introducing myself here. I recently picked up a 1997 LX450 for weekend family adventures and camping duty. I had a 100 series in the past, but sold it not long ago. My kids loved that truck (as did I) so it was only a matter of time before I'd find another one. I'm just north of Pittsburgh in Cranberry Twp and look forward to getting to know everyone here. Is it too late to get in on the Aug meet up this coming weekend?

Here it is; 166k miles, OME 2.5 and 285/75/16 BFG KO2's. The paint is rough (pics are deceiving) but the body and frame are rust free. :clap:

IMG_08082020_185713_(3120_x_2080_pixel).jpg

The exact reason I decided to sell my last Land Cruiser; Won't fit in the garage. It looks like it's in here, but one of the crossbars got crunched upon entry. Aired down the back tires to allow the crossbars to clear the header trim and backed it out.
IMG_20200809_135815.jpg

Removed the OEM roof rack and she just fits. Off with the running boards, too!
IMG_10082020_092337_(3120_x_2080_pixel).jpg

Hello all. I wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I have been a member of the forum now for 2ish years, but just sent my membership app for KC. I purchased my 2005 GX470 (non-Nav/KDSS) back in 2016. Currently keeping it pretty simple as a camping rig. This summer spent some time in Davis, WV area, Dolly Sods, ANF (Jakes Rocks), and a few other misc campgrounds with the family (3 kids, 8/5/3). My son loves to spend time off road so I though I'd join and maybe get in on some group rides in the future.

IMG_20191020_162933.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom