Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello all. Just moved out to Phoenix from central California. I have a 2014 fj cruiser, and a 1985 fj60. I’m looking for som land cruiser mentors or just wrenching/trailing friends.

Hello all. Just moved out to Phoenix from central California. I have a 2014 fj cruiser, and a 1985 fj60. I’m looking for som land cruiser mentors or just wrenching/trailing friends.

Check out the monthly club meeting. Third Friday of every month next to Sonic Drive-In Tempe . Should be July 20th. Watch this clubhouse for updates.

Welcome

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I have been offorading for about 15 years and in that time a I have three offorading SUVs. I had Isuzu trooper for a couple years because the family grew out of the TJ (still miss it on cool days) which turned out to be an inexpensive lesson in learning what I wanted in a full size SUV.

After watching several YouTube videos of 4xoverland, I wanted the reliability and comfort of a land crusier. The more I researched the more I wanted one so I picked one up about two years ago from a local dealer. It checked all the boxes and it's wife approved (rear ac for the kids).

Completed runs

Bull dog canyon
Box canyon
Back way to crown king
Cherry Creek Rd (near Young)

Fun stuff replaced

T- heater hose
Throttle body
Radiator

Mod Order of operations

33ko2
Sliders
Just differential.com stage 1 lift
Land cruiser Phil's rear mud flap delete
Dissent aluminum skid plates

After seeing the craftsmanship of Dissent, I will likely go for Ben's front and rear bumpers once funds replenish.

Looking forward to going to one of the group meeting and runs sometime in the near future.

IMG_20180728_155308.jpg

Read back, years on the forum... to see all the cool stuff that goes on with this group. It's a cool thing!

For reference in the upcoming needs category, keep in mind @murf at Camelback Toyota for your needs. Nothing like having a dealership that knows all series of these vehicles and is extra active on this board or sponsoring things!

Welcome to the site @Cleric Duran great looking 100~

Hi I'm Avi, and just bought my first Land Cruiser after lusting after them for years. She's '99 with a locking rear diff and a 2.5" OME lift. I'm stoked to take her out and stretch her legs when I get the chance! I'm also a noob at this 4x4 and overlanding stuff so I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can.

IMG_1456.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg

Hi I'm Avi, and just bought my first Land Cruiser after lusting after them for years. She's '99 with a locking rear diff and a 2.5" OME lift. I'm stoked to take her out and stretch her legs when I get the chance! I'm also a noob at this 4x4 and overlanding stuff so I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can.

Welcome Avi! Nice score. The Land Cruiser looks familiar. A picture of it before it got expensive :).

99LC.jpg

I want to join your club :) Room for me? All these run of the month trips look fun.

Kelly Saad, live in Flagstaff have a 98, 100 series.

About time Kelly!

This is Clay from Gilbert. I have been looking for a cruiser since last december, and finally find one. 1999 in pristine condition with 76k miles on it.

I'll be using it as a daily driver and will set it up for some off-roading when I want to go fishing or hunting.

Now to just decide what my first mods will be...

I have been casually checking out this forum for a while and would like to catch up with other 100 series people.

IMG_3344.JPG

This is Clay from Gilbert. I have been looking for a cruiser since last december, and finally find one. 1999 in pristine condition with 76k miles on it.

I'll be using it as a daily driver and will set it up for some off-roading when I want to go fishing or hunting.

Now to just decide what my first mods will be...

I have been casually checking out this forum for a while and would like to catch up with other 100 series people.

View attachment 1811817

Welcome

Hey guys I'm Roma, not exactly new to mud but as of last year I'm spending about 6 months of the year in sunny Yuma. I picked up a cruiser in Phoenix this summer and leaving it here year round for weekend excursions and to run around in while I'm in town. It was all stock until last weekend. I used the do it yourself auto shop on post to install a 2.5'' lift with BDS torsion bars, OME rear springs and shocks. Also a front diff drop and have yet to install my adjustable upper control arms. I had another white 99 100 that i rolled a few years ago so the parts from it are slowly finding there way to this one. Next time I come out i'll bring out my ARB front bumper and hopefully my locked rear axle.
I work 6 days a week while I'm out here but every Sunday I'm looking for new places to explore. Hoping to head over toward phoenix and check out Schnebly hill trail and maybe some things around Crown King. I'm definitely not familiar with the area so would love some suggestions.

Here it is when i first picked it up.
thumbnail_20180722_122322.jpg

Here is with the new lift.
thumbnail_20181019_140159.jpg

First time owner here. Bought locally last month. Replaced the shocks and springs immediately with OME 861/862 and KYB gas-a-justs. Flares and running boards were deleted by PO. He also added trail gear front bumper. Just wrapped the steering wheel with Paracord.

Have done Vultee Arch road twice now. Very happy to be a part of the community now!

IMG_20181013_144706997.jpg

IMG_20181014_112219012.jpg

IMG_20181022_170618489.jpg

@foejuice , did your 80 come from Flagstaff? It looks familiar, and I know the previous owner.

Hello I am Mark and live in tucson. Trying to get out on the trails more in this area just have not met the right people to go with. Planning on some camping in the chiricahua mountains thanksgiving weekend gonna be cold.. hope to meet some new people around around Tucson.

I have a '87 HJ61
20180715_131917.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom