Intro, Thanks to the board gurus, and Build/Discovery Thread 1966 Proffitts restored 4BT and SOA FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like Bighorn MTs? What size did you go with?

They are Maxxis Bighorns. 255/85-16. They have always run big, and BFG are notoriously small. The maxxis 33 was actually larger than the bfg 35.
i-VsGKk45-L.jpg

Decided against the Kenda 35 because the 17 inch fj steelies required a spacer while these 16s from summit did not.

In other news, a patina rig found its way into my life. Great story, but I'll save it for a separate build thread. Short version 1967, California and Idaho truck. Original Yosemite Yellow paint which I've never seen before. Planning the full @wngrog treatment.
i-XK4ZPBV-L.jpg

Last edited:
In other news, a patina rig found its way into my life. Great story, but I'll save it for a separate build thread. Short version 1967, California and Idaho truck. Original Yosemite Yellow paint which I've never seen before. Planning the full @wngrog treatment.
i-XK4ZPBV-L.jpg

Hurry up with the new thread already!!
But I do like what you've done with the 4BT truck as well. No rack and new wheels/tires have made a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom