Interior water leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I’m working on my 96 Lx450, I got it on May 10 2023, and I been working on the interior first since, right now I’m trying to figure out where is water coming in from(the passenger side carpet )so that I can finally get the new carpet in !☺️, I have looked where the water usually enters based on previous threads I’ve read but I seems that none of those are the problem I’m having , but I found the problem ( i think😂) (pics attached), with a hose a pour water on that and a lot of water started to come into the passenger side floor, I don’t know is water is entering because of the metal piece surrounding it, or because of the one inside or because of something else, so if anyone know’s what are those parts called and how can I find them, and if anyone else has had the same problem as me?.

I’m new at this so I’m excited to learn and be a part of this community, also English is not my first language so excuse me is there’s any misspellings

342D7B98-0B30-4308-92FC-628FA13CB14F.jpeg

DE9F2D60-9DC5-4574-876F-F359B5EC2282.jpeg

6455B98D-4B32-4F68-83EB-122EB2E2D768.jpeg

I have a 97 -Toyota and the front heater under the seat leaks some. I would check that too.

Check your AC drain hose, it is easy to get kicked and when it does it disconnects and pours down the firewall and into the front floor board. Usually an easy fix!

Hi, I’m working on my 96 Lx450, I got it on May 10 2023, and I been working on the interior first since, right now I’m trying to figure out where is water coming in from(the passenger side carpet )so that I can finally get the new carpet in !☺️, I have looked where the water usually enters based on previous threads I’ve read but I seems that none of those are the problem I’m having , but I found the problem ( i think😂) (pics attached), with a hose a pour water on that and a lot of water started to come into the passenger side floor, I don’t know is water is entering because of the metal piece surrounding it, or because of the one inside or because of something else, so if anyone know’s what are those parts called and how can I find them, and if anyone else has had the same problem as me?.

I’m new at this so I’m excited to learn and be a part of this community, also English is not my first language so excuse me is there’s any misspellings

View attachment 3404394

View attachment 3404396

View attachment 3404397
Welcome and congrats!

If you can spray or pour water on that seal, and you're getting water in the passenger floorboard area, you need this:
1692391080375.png

Unfortunately,
1692391370416.png

so, you'll have to make a gasket for the plate, which is probably all that you need anyway.
However,
1692391448666.png

so maybe they actually have one - no way to know unless you ask them.

The bad news is that the really seal it properly, you have to disconnect the two A/C lines going through that gland. That requires evacuating the refrigerant, and replacing it, along with a new dryer, located at the left front corner of the engine compartment, between the headlight and radiator. You should always replace this unit when the A/C system is opened, because any water in the refrigerant reduces its ability to cool significantly.

FWIW, you can find most parts for your truck by using the VIN in PartSouq's electronic parts catalog. Their prices, and other overseas reseller's too (Amayama, Impex, etc.), are usually cheaper than the online Toyota dealers (such as McGeorge, ToyotaPartsDeal, LexusParts, etc.), but their shipping cost often raise the prices so much that you're better off buying stateside. Not always, but often. FWIW, my local Lexus dealership offers a significant discount on parts for models over 12 years old. That's why I included LexusParts in the list (note: Lexus Parts Now is not a Toyota site).

Last resort, if you have a part number, but can't find a reseller that has it in stock, try googling "Toyota + partnumber". That's how I found the ToyotaPartsDeal website offer.

And your English is at least as good as mine, and I've been using it for 6 decades. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom