Interest in new Scepter MFCs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

iptman

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys,

I'm heading out to Seattle for work at the end of the month and I was planning to drive up to Vancouver and pick up a few Scepter MFCs at DS Tactical, bring them back over the border and ship them to myself. Is anyone else interested if I can get several? I'm not sure how much demand there is for these but they seem to be pretty hard to come by since CARB and the EPA regulated fuel cans a while back. Here are the options they have.

I'm just throwing it out there and no promises will be made but I'd like to get an idea of how many people would want one (or more). I figure I have 3ish weeks to determine logistics so post up if you're interested and for how many. Don't get too excited about the low price when converting to dollars off the above site since I may have to pay duty and then ship them back East.

Edit: Note the fuel spouts are not included and I've heard the cap wrench is a good idea to make sure they're good and leak proof. I'll get all these additional details and quantities later.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm heading out to Seattle for work at the end of the month and I was planning to drive up to Vancouver and pick up a few Scepter MFCs at DS Tactical, bring them back over the border and ship them to myself. Is anyone else interested if I can get several? I'm not sure how much demand there is for these but they seem to be pretty hard to come by since CARB and the EPA regulated fuel cans a while back. Here are the options they have.

I'm just throwing it out there and no promises will be made but I'd like to get an idea of how many people would want one (or more). I figure I have 3ish weeks to determine logistics so post up if you're interested and for how many. Don't get too excited about the low price when converting to dollars off the above site since I may have to pay duty and then ship them back East.

Edit: Note the fuel spouts are not included and I've heard the cap wrench is a good idea to make sure they're good and leak proof. I'll get all these additional details and quantities later.
Like the idea but the price is a bit high... what is the advantage of this over a steel NATO can from amazon? Also this is a decent feature of the can I noticed on their site...

"*Burns in a fire, but will not explode"...

Hey guys,

Not sure if you are going to be able to do that. I tried getting some from Canada but they wouldn't ship to me. Not legal for civilian use. I woul check with customs first just to make sure you won't have to live them behind. eBay still have them for around $50-70.

Note from DS Tactical...

We have tons of people coming from south of the border to purchase fuel cans and haven’t had a problem bringing it back. On the other hand, you might be charged duties at the discretion of the CBP agent.

Note from DS Tactical...

We have tons of people coming from south of the border to purchase fuel cans and haven’t had a problem bringing it back. On the other hand, you might be charged duties at the discretion of the CBP agent.
In that case, i guess it will be ok. All I know is that I couldn't get them to ship it to me when I tried

That's true, they won't ship to you but they have no issue selling you them if you're there in person. And I'm guessing not too many CBP agents know about or care about gas cans coming in to the US. I guess we'll see.

That's true, they won't ship to you but they have no issue selling you them if you're there in person. And I'm guessing not too many CBP agents know about or care about gas cans coming in to the US. I guess we'll see.

Ya they only care if they have a false bottom that is full of uncut 100% Colombian Cocaine!
But I guess that’s the other border.

Ya they only care if they have a false bottom that is full of uncut 100% Colombian Cocaine!
But I guess that’s the other border.

I bought four of these for $100 shipped about five years ago. Can't remember who from.

They've been trail proven with no issues to date.

Amazon product ASIN B078M81WYN

Don't waste your money on filler spouts. Have you ever tried to fill your tank with a full five gallon can? It's a bit unwieldy...

I use one of these. My fuel carrier is on the left swingout. Just swing it open, and siphon directly in the tank!

Amazon product ASIN B01N9U7T4H

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, although I am good at it (wife calls me "the dream crusher"), but you can be all in for leass than $125.

Also consider how often you'd really be using them...

I bought four of these for $100 shipped about five years ago. Can't remember who from.

They've been trail proven with no issues to date.

Amazon product ASIN B078M81WYN

Don't waste your money on filler spouts. Have you ever tried to fill your tank with a full five gallon can? It's a bit unwieldy...

I use one of these. My fuel carrier is on the left swingout. Just swing it open, and siphon directly in the tank!

Amazon product ASIN B01N9U7T4H

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, although I am good at it (wife calls me "the dream crusher"), but you can be all in for leass than $125.

Also consider how often you'd really be using them...
I have the same set up with the siphon. It works well especially with the larger, higher volume siphon.

I finally pulled the trigger on a NATO blue scepter water can from Level 3 containers in Kentucky.

They had been out of production and finally got ~80 in stock around February. They had 30 when I checked last weekend and are down to 18 now according to their website. I’d buy now if you want one

Last edited:
I'd be in for a group buy

So, I’ll bid $225 on this lot of 5, near the end of the auction so we can get them for $45 each. I only want one, so you two can fight over the other 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom