Installed Delta HYDRAULIC BUMPSTOP HOLDERS with no lift. What do you guys think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

Brought the holder half year ago, and finally had time yesterday, so i installed them to my 80.

I had no lift on my 80, was driving on road today, seems working fine. Will I run into problems without lift?

here are the photos.

IMG_0058(1).jpg

IMG_0059(1).jpg

IMG_0065(2).jpg

IMG_0071(2).jpg

IMG_0073(2).jpg

Looks great but I would be worried about the constant load on the bump stop. Meaning it is resting on the axle the whole time. But might not harm anything but @Delta VS might chime in and have more on this topic

It's been a while since I've researched hydraulic bump stops when I was installing mine. I don't remember the exact information. But from what I remember there is ratio of travel/ride height/hydraulic bump stop travel/placement. A lot of people including many shops don't follow it. Contacting at ride height will probably wear out the contact pad rather quickly and then dig into the piston. I've always thought stock bump stops were really well designed.

Because they look cool.
Because he wants to.
Because it's his money.

I don't have any scientifically backed answers.....

Because they look cool.
Because he wants to.
Because it's his money.

I don't have any scientifically backed answers.....
He can light his money on fire. And I can still ask why.

thank you all for replying. Probably will be fine just driving in city i guess. Will do a 3inch lift as soon as i can.

Thank you all.

thank you all for replying. Probably will be fine just driving in city i guess. Will do a 3inch lift as soon as i can.

Thank you all.

Once you do that lift you will be good to go. Got a lift planned out yet?

But why,,,, hydro bumps are for jumping…
I'm not sure if your serious or not.

When he's in contact with them at ride height, he's not using them as bumpstops, he's using them as suspension. Think of bumpstops as a secondary/safety system and not a primary suspension system. Thats what shocks/coils/leafs/coilovers etc are for. They also affect spring rate greatly. You almost shouldn't be utilizing bumpstops till your at the limits of the systems performance, the rest of the suspension should be doing the work first.

I'm not sure if your serious or not.

When he's in contact with them at ride height, he's not using them as bumpstops, he's using them as suspension. Think of bumpstops as a secondary/safety system and not a primary suspension system. Thats what shocks/coils/leafs/coilovers etc are for. They also affect spring rate greatly. You almost shouldn't be utilizing bumpstops till your at the limits of the systems performance, the rest of the suspension should be doing the work first.
I think you misunderstood my comment.

Hydraulic bumpstops are the best way to handle suspension bottoming.... (jumping, go fast driving)... it's why they are all over desert racing. We are in agreement there.

Most folks who are running hydro bump stops already dropped their factory bumpstops 2" to run longer shocks... so overall travel isn't impacted.

In this case, with no lift, factory length shocks... it makes no sense to run those hydro bumps as @Delta VS and @Outsane has pointed out.

I think you misunderstood my comment.

Hydraulic bumpstops are the best way to handle suspension bottoming.... (jumping, go fast driving)... it's why they are all over desert racing. We are in agreement there.

Most folks who are running hydro bump stops already dropped their factory bumpstops 2" to run longer shocks... so overall travel isn't impacted.

In this case, with no lift, factory length shocks... it makes no sense to run those hydro bumps as @Delta VS and @Outsane has pointed out.

Ok, we are in agreement, makes sense in this context.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom