Initial fitting of a Sniper 2GC Large Bore *Updated with new adapter info* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got the 2300, and I would go this way. It seems like a much simpler, better looking install.
I ordered a 2300 yesterday. I already have the adapter and I have an old school Downey air cleaner until I get an adapter to the stock air cleaner fabed up.

2300’s are on back order till March. And I heard the price is going to be raised 2% March 2nd

I ordered a 2300 yesterday. I already have the adapter and I have an old school Downey air cleaner until I get an adapter to the stock air cleaner fabed up.

2300’s are on back order till March. And I heard the price is going to be raised 2% March 2nd
Summit sells the 5 1/8” air cleaner spacers, I used aluminum tube and plate from Amazon and it turned out really well.

177E399F-CB32-4601-B1DA-6212B46E53D5.jpeg
019B7E9C-B01F-4158-8245-752251F4499C.jpeg

9057AB39-73EE-4E5B-A358-00B8334397B6.jpeg

Finally got my mock up adapter 3D printed.
I had to throw the manifold and valve cover back onto the head to get things lined up as I'm breaking the engine down for a rebuild.

I have to admit I'm pretty damn excited about how well it just bolted on. Air cleaner lined up perfectly with the Sniper intake opening. Only mod I had to do was bend a bolt to get the nut straight on the air cleaner. Like a mini S.
Everything else bolted into their factory locations.

So my next step is going to build out a few samples. I'm thinking of casting them myself in aluminum, or sending the cad files to a local machinist and get a couple milled. Either way I'll be asking the mud community to do some beta testing for me to get some real world testing done. (Free for your troubles and feedback)

I'm still a few weeks away from getting them made so keep that in mind.

Pics...

20210208_225559.jpg
20210208_225546.jpg
20210208_225604.jpg
20210208_225538.jpg

Last edited:
That adapter is slick. First thought, an extra flange extension off your base base flange with room to bolt on an adapter for an accelerator cable would be trick. When I ran a 2300 carb, we built a bracket that had to bolt onto the carb base studs and ran towards the firewall with a spot to clamp down the acell cable.

You have the room there to extend out an inch or two with a nice mounting surface that would not affect the seal on the carb and get a nice straight pull on the lower holes of the Holley throttle bracket. Get a pedal and cable for the early 70's 40, swap would be pretty simple. Run the cable in a bit of loop and they line up well. Return spring would have a nice pull forward with a linear piece under there.

That adapter is slick. First thought, an extra flange extension off your base base flange with room to bolt on an adapter for an accelerator cable would be trick. When I ran a 2300 carb, we built a bracket that had to bolt onto the carb base studs and ran towards the firewall with a spot to clamp down the acell cable.

You have the room there to extend out an inch or two with a nice mounting surface that would not affect the seal on the carb and get a nice straight pull on the lower holes of the Holley throttle bracket. Get a pedal and cable for the early 70's 40, swap would be pretty simple. Run the cable in a bit of loop and they line up well. Return spring would have a nice pull forward with a linear piece under there.
That is a GREAT idea! I will incorporate it into the design...

Ok... Version 2.1 with added area to the lower flange to accommodate various throttle brackets. The holes will accept 6mm and or 1/4inch mounting hardware, and having 5 of them allows for various bracket styles. I also reduced the flange thickness to 3/8” instead of 1/2”.

0A5722D9-C2E8-4BDE-87DE-84D79C5E7C6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok... Version 2.1 with added area to the lower flange to accommodate various throttle brackets. The holes will accept 6mm and or 1/4inch mounting hardware, and having 5 of them allows for various bracket styles. I also reduced the flange thickness to 3/8” instead of 1/2”.

View attachment 2580540

It’d be nice not to have to worry about nuts for the bracket holes, I don’t know off hand what size that a 6-1.0mm thread is drilled to....

It’d be nice not to have to worry about nuts for the bracket holes, I don’t know off hand what size that a 6-1.0mm thread is drilled to....

Good point. I can make them 5mm which is the proper size for a 6mm tap.

Well done! I like this route

View attachment 2580540
This is cool!

Very nice, that simplifies so much, and makes for a much better way to mount the throttle cable.

View attachment 2580540
I am soon going to add the 2GC to my 55 with a 2F. Is this available yet?

I am soon going to add the 2GC to my 55 with a 2F. Is this available yet?
I have been working on this project and have decided to proceed with an aluminum design using my 3D print as the form to cast from.

I’ll be using 6061 aluminum and the mating surfaces will be machined. The center will be the open design (not two separate channels) for better airflow.

The resin based design is still a possibility, but I am currently looking to make the design have better shear strength and chip resistant's.
Carbon fiber shows some real promise and I have some on order. The heat resistance has been solved with my formula able to handle 500F.

Here are some updated shots of the adapter. The throttle mounting flange was shortened a bit, and you can see the open barrel design and SNIPER text added.

B3EA0679-6C41-4A17-B4CD-341860761AD4.png

9D3A2808-0352-4705-9CBA-FA12723F5A28.png

7FE7040A-5BE3-4973-92E5-7B735C988360.png

07A14D53-5EA8-4D88-AFDB-53223AADCDE6.png

Last edited:
Quick update on this...

I will be offering two kits that are both bolt-on and do not alter the Sniper unit in any way (saving your warranty)

Look for a new separate post by me later today. It will have all the details with pictures and pricing!

Quick update on this...

I will be offering two kits that are both bolt-on and do not alter the Sniper unit in any way (saving your warranty)

Look for a new separate post by me later today. It will have all the details with pictures and pricing!
im ready......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom