INCOMING! (FJ40) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All good things come to those who wait. Be patient. It'll be there soon enough. Sorry for you that it didn't arrive last night.

On another note, the wife is taking me to Pecker's for lunch and Big Gay Ice Cream afterwards. (http://biggayicecream.com/) A Salty Pimp might just make my day.

So did @Trollhole open an ice cream shop too ???

Remember, it would be no fun (or 40 ownership) if it all went as planned. Go enjoy an afternoon with the wife and try and forget about it for a moment (I know I know) but maybe it'll show up while your out or tomorrow to distract you from work.

All good things come to those who wait. Be patient. It'll be there soon enough. Sorry for you that it didn't arrive last night.

Yeah, @ludwig and I were talking about it earlier. It's just the nature of logistics... He may have had another car to pick up/drop off, might have had problems with his own vehicle, traffic, etc... Anything can happen. I'm trying to exhibit patience - but it's now 6:30, bedtime is in 2 hours, and I have no idea if he plans on coming tonight :-( Just minor frustration, this time next week I won't even give it a second thought.

So did @Trollhole open an ice cream shop too ???

Remember, it would be no fun (or 40 ownership) if it all went as planned. Go enjoy an afternoon with the wife and try and forget about it for a moment (I know I know) but maybe it'll show up while your out or tomorrow to distract you from work.

This place was off the hook! And since we had to wait an hour for the ice cream, he gave it to us for free. I think you might have something going with the Troll Hole Land Cruiser Restoration and Ice Cream shop! It definitely took my mind off the 40.

@CharlestonG8R I think your town has changed a bit since my last visit. Aren't there any meat eating places or sausage factories left? Oh wait...never mind.

The meat eating places are around, but you have to be in the know to find them... As liberal as Charleston is, we don't have a sausage factory district.

On a separate note, if you haven't been here in a while, you should head down! There are more craft breweries than there used to be.

did someone say MEAT? I hear German tecno music and I picture Jason Free in a leopard speedo....

And when people search me on the Internet this is what they find :(
Thanks meatball

I figured you'd be too stuck on how to respond to the "sausage factory district" and "you should head down" comments to even think of me. Or my leopard print.

Sooooo. G8r any 40s in the driveway tonight? And OE doesn't count :)

yeah, any word on your delivery?

Success! There were several surprises tonight. Here are my initial thoughts on the FJ40. First, I'm not sure what condition I was expecting, but this thing is in great shape!!! Great place to start! Little rust and the engine compartment is so clean. Runs well and brakes well. Second, I really thought they were bigger. Seriously, it's tiny next to the 100. Third, I'd forgotten what it was like to not have power steering. I need to go to the gym. Last, God it's slow! I was in 3rd gear doing 30mph! How fast are these things????
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Very cool rig, even cooler back story!! Good luck with it, slow goes good with a 40 :)

Nice and menacing looking. Get us some interior shots tomorrow! You're gonna have a blast. Manual steering is the only reason I ditched the 33x12.50's for 10.50's. Parking lot speed was a biotch.

Yes, I'm thinking skinnier tires, too. I like the military style that I see folks sporting. Seems like they'd provide better control when you're cruising along at a good parking lot speed :) Did you and Sarah trailer your 40 to LR? I ask because I didn't see a trailer near your camp...

Yes, I'm thinking skinnier tires, too. I like the military style that I see folks sporting. Seems like they'd provide better control when you're cruising along at a good parking lot speed :) Did you and Sarah trailer your 40 to LR? I ask because I didn't see a trailer near your camp...
Trailer? No, it drove there. It's just on minimal duty until the clutch gets resolved.

How fast are these things????

50mph is a white knuckle experience and feels more like 150. If you were going 30, according to the SOTP (seat-of-the-pants) FJ40 speed calculator, you felt like you were going 90. Enjoy your new race car!

50mph is a white knuckle experience and feels more like 150. If you were going 30, according to the SOTP (seat-of-the-pants) FJ40 speed calculator, you felt like you were going 90. Enjoy your new race car!

Meh, I used to drive Dozer 70+ on I40 all the time. 250mi roundtrip between my folks' and State. It was a loud, and often hot ride. But, when she was nearly bone stock barring a set of 31's, she'd maintain that speed and I'd only feel mildly like crapping my pants :D

I use to drive the crockpot with 35s at 60 mph on the hwy.

I use to drive the crockpot with 35s at 60 mph on the hwy.

I do as well. I've hit 70+ several times but not for long periods. 35's help in the rpm category but it can't keep the pace going up steep hills with the 4.10's. 60 is plenty fast in a 40. As a wise old cruiser head I know once told me about his 40, "It's a pack mule, not a race horse."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom