In over my head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was thinking not stock for early ‘63, but then I look at your intake manifold which is where typically the large stock oil filter unit mounted, but no mount holes. Realized you showed earlier that this manifold has an FJ25 part number, which I also thought was no big deal for an early ‘63, but maybe the manifold is also not stock for this rig. So basically I have no clue, 😂.

More looking... air cleaner mount location on head, that‘s also FJ25ish. Is this the original motor (s/n matches tag on firewall)? Maybe there are lot of parallels between the 25s and the early 45s.

20210502_115940.jpg

20210502_130537.jpg

Last edited:
Thats not the correct oil filter set up for that truck, its something aftermarket. Should have canister type oil filter that bolts to intake manifold.

Your stock setup should look like the attached photo, with the exception of alternator and style of air cleaner. Your truck should have a generator and a earlier style air cleaner.View attachment 2662938View attachment 2662939
No holes

20210502_120506.jpg

There is a mounting bracket that is fastened to intake manifold by two u-bolts. They wrap around either side of the square intake port of manifold with threads towards the fender, then the two mounting plates attach to the u-bolts. Outer mounting plate has the two straps that hold the oil canister. U-bolts and strap nut and bolt are only parts missing from photo.
DSC02561.JPG

There is a mounting bracket that is fastened to intake manifold by two u-bolts. They wrap around either side of the square intake port of manifold with threads towards the fender, then the two mounting plates attach to the u-bolts. Outer mounting plate has the two straps that hold the oil canister. U-bolts and strap nut and bolt are only parts missing from photo.
View attachment 2663101
That's what I'm gonna need.
Anybody got one?

That will be a easier way to go. You can make your own plate and just get the square u-bolts from hardware store that fit.

I had mine set up that way before i converted back to the oil canister. (not best photo)

IMG_1506.JPG

Last edited:
Duh, wrong manifold, I was thinking of my offenhauser, it does have the mount holes. Here’s how I installed the SOR oil filter setup in my rig:
And stole @Jason Reed ’s idea on a bracket for remote oil filter housing. I checked the patent office, didn’t see one so I copied the design. :p A little tight space-wise but this will be better than the original system.
View attachment 1932934

Duh, wrong manifold, I was thinking of my offenhauser, it does have the mount holes. Here’s how I installed the SOR oil filter setup in my rig:
Thanks

Love seeing the original stuff still in place on these rigs. Let’s hope your engine is still solid!

Did this rig by chance have the original seats?

Those are later seats and look to be modified, at least driver’s.

If they’re secure in place you bet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom