In over my head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nick

SILVER Star
Threads
1963 SWB fixed top
IMG_20210413_175445_891.jpg

Cream puff 😂! Looks like you have the rear windows. Is there a speaker behind that screen, radio somewhere?

Sweet, 17 earlier than mine. We‘ll need a ton of pics! There will be a lot of parts marked FJ25 on this early ‘63. Should be a fixed windshield, center rear diff, interior door handles that have the handle pointing up vs. down. Looks like PO moved the FD pull. Where’d you find it?

Last edited:
Sweet, 17 earlier than mine. We‘ll need a ton of pics! There will be a lot of parts marked FJ25 on this early ‘63. Should be a fixed windshield, center rear diff, interior door handles that have the handle pointing up vs. down. Looks like PO moved the FD pull. Where’d you find it?
Utah

Early ‘63 everything interior was painted body color. Does the engine S/N match the tag on the firewall? Given the bits of rust on the rocker arm I’d put a little miracle oil in each cylinder and spin by hand (or rocking) then by starter only (disconnect coil feed to dizzy) before turning over with fuel and spark.

Just FYI, I use the term early ‘63 because there were many changes mid-year in that year, so you have to be careful chasing parts. Looks like you have a pretty complete rig (SD40 will need glass).

Last edited:
Congrats on the acquisition and I love your thread title. I think we’re all in a bit over our heads when it comes to restoring 45s. Just remember to have fun with the process and take it one step at a time.

Where does the oil filter attach? or is this not correct for my 63?

I was thinking not stock for early ‘63, but then I look at your intake manifold which is where typically the large stock oil filter unit mounted, but no mount holes. Realized you showed earlier that this manifold has an FJ25 part number, which I also thought was no big deal for an early ‘63, but maybe the manifold is also not stock for this rig. So basically I have no clue, 😂.

More looking... air cleaner mount location on head, that‘s also FJ25ish. Is this the original motor (s/n matches tag on firewall)? Maybe there are lot of parallels between the 25s and the early 45s.

Last edited:
Where does the oil filter attach? or is this not correct for my 63?

View attachment 2662887

Thats not the correct oil filter set up for that truck, its something aftermarket. Should have canister type oil filter that bolts to intake manifold.

Your stock setup should look like the attached photo, with the exception of alternator and style of air cleaner. Your truck should have a generator and a earlier style air cleaner.
IMG_5349.JPG
Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 9.31.08 AM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom